PDA

View Full Version : success rate of TOEFL iBT

Chicchac2002
12-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi friends,
Those who have passed the TOEFL iBT, please post that in the forum , so that we will know the success rate of TOEFL iBT . I personally think that when we were taking TSE more people were passing when each exam result was announced. Why nobody is posting here if they pass TOEFL i BT? is it because noone is passing?!!

Tseprep
12-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi friends,
Those who have passed the TOEFL iBT, please post that in the forum , so that we will know the success rate of TOEFL iBT . I personally think that when we were taking TSE more people were passing when each exam result was announced. Why nobody is posting here if they pass TOEFL i BT? is it because noone is passing?!

More people are passing, exactly how many I have no idea. But in terms of % of passing, it can be lower again I don't have the numbers. In TSE about 40,000 took TSE in one year and the passing rate was about 14% (ETS bulletin 2006-2007). Maybe 1 million people take the Toefl and the passing rate is? Maybe when they have the 2007-2008 bulletin, it will have an answer.

Chicchac2002
12-14-2006, 11:53 PM
hi Tse prep,
yeah may be passing rate is high because the passing score varies for each candidate according to their requirement.

Tseprep
12-15-2006, 01:26 AM
hi Tse prep,
yeah may be passing rate is high because the passing score varies for each candidate according to their requirement.

Some people only need 80 overall, others 100. Then there are professionals who need 26 speaking. So it will be interesting to see how ETS tally the % of people who get 26 or more on the Toefl Speaking.