PDA

View Full Version : Repetitive questions?

wood
08-31-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi guys...

Does anyone know if we can get questions on the actual GRE that we have already encoutered on the powerprep or old ETS tests?

?

pamrs
08-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by wood

Hi guys...

Does anyone know if we can get questions on the actual GRE that we have already encoutered on the powerprep or old ETS tests?

?

I've heard several people here say they did. That's one reason I keep taking the PP tests repeatedly. (I've found if I restart the computer I have a good chance of getting more "new" questions.)

wood
08-31-2003, 11:15 AM
Interesting... I wish I could get them all the same! ;) Still, I would be scoring low, but... better than without knowing any of them?

Restarting? Maybe they use some common seed for its randomic generator algorithm (techy-talk) if you don't reboot.

Psyoutlaw
08-31-2003, 03:25 PM
I have heard that people have had questions from their PowerPrep. I am going to memorize my PowerPrep just in case...:shy:

Psyoutlaw

pamrs
08-31-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by wood

Interesting... I wish I could get them all the same! ;) Still, I would be scoring low, but... better than without knowing any of them?

Restarting? Maybe they use some common seed for its randomic generator algorithm (techy-talk) if you don't reboot.

Well, that was my theory, but now there doesn't seem to be any pattern. I don't know why sometimes I get a slew of mostly new questions.

Erin
08-31-2003, 05:49 PM
There is definitely a finite set of vocab that you could see on the real test, so it's entirely possible that you'll see questions from the published materials on your real test.

But that would be so for any large pool of vocab-based questions (i.e., analogies and antonyms)--take any pool of a thousand or so of these questions, and the chances that one will appear on your test naturally increase.

Vinay
08-31-2003, 05:55 PM
i gave it sumtime back. and believe me u just dont have time to remember nythin but work on question at hand.

its like GTA3 rampage, just finish 28 triads in 45 mins. ;-)))))))

sdanquah
09-06-2003, 01:45 AM
I think the most important thing is to focus on the wordlist from kaplan or peterson guide. I have also seen that a lot of testtakers are recommending baron.
just build your vocabs around some key words.

ali_kobari
09-08-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey guys,

I found someting valuable. go to www.babylon.com, download the babylon dictionary and then download "GRE BLACK BIBLE" glossary in the education category. It has the full line of GRE words with description, analogies available for word, and examples.

bye

bluejay2000
09-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Hi,

I am not able to install GRE black bible. I have downloaded and when I install it, nothing comes up. I have also downloaded the babylon glossary. But still not able to use the black bible. pls help.

thanks.

Originally posted by ali_kobari

Hey guys,

I found someting valuable. go to www.babylon.com, download the babylon dictionary and then download "GRE BLACK BIBLE" glossary in the education category. It has the full line of GRE words with description, analogies available for word, and examples.

bye