PDA

View Full Version : finally passed this speaking test

gemina@globalpinoy.com
12-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Thank you so much testmagic members for all the tips that you posted here in this forum. I really appreciate so much. I also thank God, for helping me to pass...I am so happy...thank you so much knok for your advice...words are hard to describe how I felt yesterday when I found out that I got 26 in speaking....

Tip #1. Practice in speaking in English all the time.
2. I used the Latest edition of Barron's toefl ibt.
3. Practice on how to summarize, taking notes, paraphrasing and synthesizing on the practice exercises in Barron's I think that helps me to pass this test.
4. Record yourself so you would know your phase and have it scored by you and at the same time a friend or a coach to know your errors and to evaluate the score that you need to get.
5. Lastly, pray for miracles to happend.
:)

Tseprep
12-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Thank you so much testmagic members for all the tips that you posted here in this forum. I really appreciate so much. I also thank God, for helping me to pass...I am so happy...thank you so much knok for your advice...words are hard to describe how I felt yesterday when I found out that I got 26 in speaking....

Tip #1. Practice in speaking in English all the time.
2. I used the Latest edition of Barron's toefl ibt.
3. Practice on how to summarize, taking notes, paraphrasing and synthesizing on the practice exercises in Barron's I think that helps me to pass this test.
4. Record yourself so you would know your phase and have it scored by you and at the same time a friend or a coach to know your errors and to evaluate the score that you need to get.
5. Lastly, pray for miracles to happend.
:)

It is not easy and you did a great job! Once again congrats![clap]

gemina@globalpinoy.com
12-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Thank you so much...I know it wasn't easy...Right now I'm worried if I wont be able to activate my file w/ NBCOT.

It is not easy and you did a great job! Once again congrats![clap]

Kpharma
12-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi
Finally I got the magic number 26 in speaking section. Thank you so so........ much to the testmagic members for all your tips that you posted here in this forum. All the best for the test takers and Congrates to the people who passed the exam.

knok
12-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Congratulations!

Which book did you follow?

Knok[clap]

gemina@globalpinoy.com
12-22-2006, 06:17 AM
here's my preparation speaking part:

I used Barron's toefl ibt the latest ed (12th). I began with the practice exercises on how to summarize, paraphrase, taking down notes and synthesize. I followed all the tips on the practice exercises. Then I move on to practicing the 6 questions of speaking part I think it has 6 or 7 practice questions. I recorded my voice so me and my friend can evaluate or grade it on how they answer it in the book and the way ets score the 6 responses.

I also used the websites that were given this forum for additional resources and of the tips and techniques provided by the members.

Actual test:

I applied all the things that I've learned.
What I did differently in this test compared to the past is that I paraphrase right away as I'm taking down notes. I outline the important points of the reading passage so it would help me to summarize and organize my thoughts in giving a smooth responses and transitions. This is very important to question 3 & 4. I also paid attention to the key or main idea of the questions so you can get to the right response. For question 1 & 2 it is important to relate it to your own life so you can answer it freely give examples so you can explain it better. For 3 & 4 always relate or integrate the reading passage to the talk. For 5 & 6 listen closely to the talk organize your notes into main idea and supporting details are examples given for #6 questions to come up with a good response.

Test takers if you still have questions don't hesitate to ask me...

Knok here it is...

Gemina

Chicchac2002
12-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Hi gemina,& k pharma,
Hearty congratulations to both of you.

gemina@globalpinoy.com
12-22-2006, 07:48 PM
thanks chicchac2002

Hi gemina,& k pharma,
Hearty congratulations to both of you.

Tseprep
12-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi
Finally I got the magic number 26 in speaking section. Thank you so so........ much to the testmagic members for all your tips that you posted here in this forum. All the best for the test takers and Congrates to the people who passed the exam.

Looks like you got an early Christmas, good luck to your future.

Kpharma
12-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Looks like you got an early Christmas, good luck to your future.
Thank u very much. I also thought the same when I saw my score
thank u

apadua
12-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi,
I am new to this forum, i believe this is the right place for preparing Toefl Ibt. many thanks for all your tips and especially Testprep, who is doing great job.
This is for Kpharma, I also passed the FPGEE and waiting for the certificate, do let me now if you have any developments. Did you called NaBP and confirmed your toefl report with them?
If so let me know, also we can discuss about the job prospectives , if you are willing.
thanks
antony

Tseprep
12-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi,
I am new to this forum, i believe this is the right place for preparing Toefl Ibt. many thanks for all your tips and especially Testprep, who is doing great job.
This is for Kpharma, I also passed the FPGEE and waiting for the certificate, do let me now if you have any developments. Did you called NaBP and confirmed your toefl report with them?
If so let me know, also we can discuss about the job prospectives , if you are willing.
thanks
antony

Good luck to your future and congrats again in passing the ibt speaking. Just curious was it Testprep or Tseprep :p . Both name can be similar;) take care.:)

apadua
12-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi TsePrep,
I am sorry , its you whom I have mentioned not testprep.
Again thanks for all of your posts.
antony