PDA

View Full Version : AGRE Math for CS grad

msafri
01-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Hi

I am prepping for Nov/Dec 2007 Math test. I have a Computer Science and Engineering background, and after attempting AGRE CS this April and depending on how well it goes, I'll start prep for the Math test. This sounds like someone obsessed with studying but the problem is I am interested in certain areas of Research (modeling and simulation, scientific computing, graphics, quantum computing theory) which would benefit strongly from a math background. I suppose this would boost my admission chances.

Given my background, what are the topics should I be more focussed on that are not normally covered in CS Engineering courses. And recommend any course books for that as well.

Thanks

msafri
01-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey can someone answer my query please. I have seen the topic list. I have studied standard calculus courses (including differential equations). For algebra, linear algebra is ok, but group theory, ring theory etc. was covered briefly in one course of discrete math (which included logic, graph theory, number theory etc. as well). I think I need to focus more on this area. In the additional topics, I have done numerical and stats well enough, but I haven't much idea of topology or real analysis.

I suppose that sums it up. I need some quick learning reference book for real analysis, topology and algebra.