PDA

View Full Version : Speaking Advice

Krish_chita
02-19-2007, 02:41 AM
I posted some of my suggestions in below link.
http://www.urch.com/forums/just-fini...-speaking.html (http://www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-toefl/64248-finally-after-5th-time-26-speaking.html)
Initially I got fair in all three sections. Then good in individual section section, but score was 23. Finally i got good in integrated campus topics, even though I got fair in individual section I did very well (I mean for each response I gave 3 points clearly). The good thing was total score 26.
Regarding Integrated topics, it's important to follow the "Official Guide to the New TOEFLŪ iBT With CD-ROM, 2nd Edition". And below URL (http://www.urch.com/forums/toefl/64344-speaking-advice.html#) was also very useful to practice.
www.elllo.org/ (http://www.elllo.org/)
(Under Interview Archives)
There were about 100 recorded topics. After listening to the topics, I recorded my responses in 1 minute. Initially it took me 2-3 times to come up with good response.

jagu
02-20-2007, 04:52 PM
thanks a lot for advice ....i m preparing too for ibt...

rootz
02-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Dear Krish,

Congratulation for 26 mark:tup:

i just want to know that if we dont get 26 points in speaking section then do we have to take whole test again or we can just give speaking section and keep the other section score as it is.

Plz let me know

thanks

rootz

Krish_chita
02-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi Rootz,

Unfortunately we have to take the whole test (TOEFL iBT) again.

knok
02-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi, Krish

Could you please tell the break-up of the scores of 6 questions when you received a score of 26 on Speaking section?

Q.1-2 = ?

Q.3-4=?

Q.5-6=?

Did you study longman? I am preparing for my next two last tests on March 3 and March 17.

If I cannot get 26, I'll quit trying to pursue a pharmacy career in this country. I cannot waste my other career anymore. It made me and my family really sick for too long now. I have only one life to live. This test is ruining my life for 4 years. I am just stressed out. The worst thing I am doing now is that after finishing graduate degrees in the U.S., I go back to study at Kaplan for TOEFL preparation again after passing TOEFL 10 years ago. It didn't help much but made me feel really stupid of this decision (Studying in language school after finishing master degrees is a wrong decision).

Knok

frenzgood
02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Hi Knok
Don't lose heart friend. We all are just a single step away from our dreams.
So pls keep on working hard believe me you will make it some day.
Good luck.
Frenz

renacaro
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I agree with Frenz, don´t give up Knok. Try to relax when taking the test again. I am also trying to pass it. I passed FPGE in June 2006 and I haven´t done anything but studying for TOEFL iBT since then. I need to pass it if I want to work as a pharmacist in USA. This is a long, difficult issue, but I´ll keep trying.

frenzgood
02-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi all
They need our money...........now I'm pretty sure abt it.............again I got 24. This is so frustrating now.........I was confident that I'll make it this time. I think its completely waste of time and money. Though I was suggesting knok to not to give up..........but now it seems like this battle between us and ETS is completely unfair.....
I'm all lost..
Frenz

salipan
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
I understand how you feel. I have seen your posts since I came here at first time. You try to help other people. You inspire so many people including me. You may need to rest and refresh yourself for a while after a long battle. In my opinion, If you have other options to do such as working another job during this time. Then you can take the exam again. You may pass when you are less stressful. Anyway, I wish you passed the exam in March. Don't be panic, slow down. I don't want you give up but we can take a break.
Salipan

vrushnaik
03-01-2007, 11:40 PM
hi knok,
I am new to this forum. I am in the same boat as you are. I took TSE for 8 to 10 times but could not get thro'. Now I am going to take TOEFL in april , I am so intimidated by the name of the test. I have cleared TOEFL and FPGEE in 2002, just because I did not clear TSE I have to take TOEFL again. I have a 2 and half yr son who does not allow me to touch book or computer , I try to study when he is a sleep.
Lets not give up and hope that one day we will be able to cross this hurdle.

Vrush.

vrushnaik
03-01-2007, 11:41 PM
hi knok,
I am new to this forum. I am in the same boat as you are. I took TSE for 8 to 10 times but could not get thro'. Now I am going to take TOEFL in april , I am so intimidated by the name of the test. I have cleared TOEFL and FPGEE in 2002, just because I did not clear TSE I have to take TOEFL again. I have a 2 and half yr son who does not allow me to touch book or computer , I try to study when he is a sleep.
Lets not give up and hope that one day we will be able to cross this hurdle.:tup:

Vrush.

qwetty
03-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I pass exam on March 3. If I pass it earlier than you I can send you my questions.But I am not sure that they are same. My e-mail
m321ayyy@yahoo.ca

knok
03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi friends,

Thanks for your nice words.
Bye.:tup:

Knok

Iyagii
03-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Maybe this question was asked tons of time : Should I use exactly 45 or 60 seconds for my response? Is it ok if I still record my response in case time is over?
I plan to do mini and then complete tests for about 1 month. My reading and writing are pretty decent but I think i have to spend more time on the rest 2 parts. Thing is, there's no native speaker or partner in my hometown. Any advice please?