PDA

View Full Version : I need some ideas for essay

sonishruti
07-02-2002, 06:48 AM
Hello everybody,
I have toefl exam on 06.07.02.
could you please give me some ideas for this topic?

some items(such as clothes or furniture) can be made by hand or by machine?which do you prefer-item made by hand or items made by machine? use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice.

Thanks.
Shruti

shsoni

madhavi
07-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Hi soni the exact topic is as given below.
tpoic#101:some people like doing work by hand. others prefer using machines.Which do you prefer?use specific reasons and example to support your answer.

Using machines is preferable.
saves time there by allowing us to spend time with our family and do more useful work
less strength used
more speed e.g by using xerox machine we can produce more copies but writing down all the copies is very slow process.Within the specified time much work is done.
financially more beneficial

I can't think of any others.
if you have any other idea please do reply.
madhavi

madhavi
07-18-2002, 05:54 AM
Hi soni
you might have appeared for our test. But I am sorry that I could not understand that you asked for TOPIC#140. I gave ideas for 101.
Now I got the same problem. What should we write for the topic#140?

#140:Some items (such as clothes and furniture) can be made by hand or by machine. Which do you prefer - items made by hand or items made by machine? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.

In the case of machine made clothes we have many items and many designs to choose from. There are many types of fabrics suitable to all seasons in machine made clothes. But the fabrics of hand made clothes have limited varieties.
Machine made jewellary is very nice compared to hand made items. And they are somewhat cheap.

Can anybody give other ideas?

thank you
madhavi
N.B:I think this post has very good punctuation :content::content: