PDA

View Full Version : 200- -260 on 17 sept (comments)

Ricky
09-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Hi all,

I would like to share my experience

These are my unofficial test scores

Listening:26[heartbeat]
Structure: 10-28 (I usually get 13-30 on powerprep)
Reading: 24:o

So, the range is 200-260.

First of all, listening was terrible. Sometimes they speak extremely fast. Moreover there were two beautiful and sexy girls, one on either side of my desk, it was hard to concentrate on listening. Anyhow, I managed to concentrate a bit. So, be careful about it. These girls can sometimes lowers your scores as in my case.

Then structure, time is the limiting factor in this part. Don't read the sentence again and again you will get confused just read it once or twice.

Reading, I don't know what happened to my reading part. I was very confident after finishing this part that I will get 30 out of 30 or in the worst case it could be 28 but not less than this at any cost. Maybe it was due to my overconfidence in this part. Scientific passages were okay but read the passages about Literature, Arts or History carefully. I think I losed marks in these.

Reading part is just like a soft cake but don't be overconfident like me otherwise you have to pay for it.

Writing was okay. I am expecting 4 .5 or 5 in this part

So, can anybody tell what could be my final scores with essay rating 4.5 ?

This was my first time of taking test. I did'nt prepare much just Test Magic and took powerprep a day before the test. I need 213.

Erin, needless to say, your site is great. Your site is helping a lot to students taking these fussy tests. Thanks for creating this wonderful site.

I would also like to know how long it would take to prepare for GRE and which book should I follw for that ? Is one one month full time preparation enough or more...?

cheers
Ricky

coh
09-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Hi Ricky,

I think you obsolutely can get more than 250;). You can prepare your GRE now.

Ricky
09-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Dear Coh

Where do you live in Canada ? I am sherbrooke city in Quebec, bloody caught in french area. I am doing phd here but I am trying hard to get out of here and to move to english part of canada with Scholarship. That is why I took this fussy test. Living is very hard here. These french people are really very unfriendly if you don't know french or if you talk to them in english.

I don't know why this quebec is attached to Canada. Canada should cut this out from its map.

Anyway, Tell me where are you ?