PDA

View Full Version : is it good enough??

comfortably numb
09-23-2003, 05:53 PM
just took the GRE today......got 610 in verbal and 780 in quant. was quite depressd about my scores as I was hoping to get 800 in maths. :(
i am applying in economics......just wanted to know if my scores are ok or shoud I retake the test

thaiva
09-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Hey there,:)

Firstly no need to feel depressed:( The scores do have potential to be improved but they also are not to bad. If I were you I would consider to retake the test, it might be a good idea to as your are applying in economics. This website is perfect for any help and info you may need you have come to the right place. Just spend abit more time on the practice tests download a couple and work hard at it. I believe that you are capable of obtaining 800 and even higher in maths. Just find more material and really give it a go no need to feel depressed or sad go for it and i'm right behind you every step of the way,

Let us know how you went or what you are planning to do,

Tim:)

comfortably numb
09-24-2003, 10:40 AM
thanks for the concern tim.:) I am ok now .......but am planning to take GRE again next month..... will let you know how it went

thaiva
09-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey Comfortably numb,:)

Glad to hear you are feeling better.:)

And good lunk for the GRE next month,

I am right behind you I know you can get there,

Best Wishes,

Tim

Psyoutlaw
09-28-2003, 03:38 AM
Great score. Don't waste your time over a 20 point deficit. It is not worth retaking your exam. You may do worse. Just keep your scores and apply.

Psyoutlaw

dcdz
10-29-2003, 06:06 PM
according to ETS,
http://www.gre.org/getscore.html#retaking , repeaters show slight gain on score.

here's another link for last 3 years test takers' stats. ftp://ftp.ets.org/pub/gre/994994.pdf , and your score is well above average. I would advise not to take the test again, unless you are certain you can raise your score substantially.

chinni6m
10-29-2003, 06:39 PM
its a good score n certainly above avg .just dont waste time in retaking the test instead work on your SOP which is as imp as the test.

well... take the test if you r sure that you can improve but my advice would be to work on SOP's n LOR's - they could get you into a good school with your score

anyways all the best

Erin
10-29-2003, 06:52 PM
If you're a non-native speaker of English, I'd say your scores are good enough for Econ. Better to spend time working on your apps. :)

irumbu
10-29-2003, 10:47 PM
ai,
I agree with :)Erin and chinni6m