PDA

View Full Version : 187-247 (help me pls)

Kishore8
09-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Hai friends,

Yesterday I wrote my TOEFL exam it was bit sad for I expected atleast 30 marks more.

Now I want your help.

i got 187 - 247

struture 8-22(this is botheing me)

with this score is it possiblle to cross 213??? I am expecting minimum 3.5 in essay(at worst case)

I want to thank this forum infinite time the essay which I read in this forum,the same essay I got there:WHAT PRESENT YOU WILL BUY TO CHILD IF YOU ARE ASKED TO BUY A GIFT TO A CHILD AND SUPPORT NEED FOR THAT GIFT.

now please reply me wherther can I get 213 I am bit confused in counting since I am applying through a consultant I need to pay large amount with out this desicion it will be wasted so reply me

thank you

please help me in this regard

kirting
09-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Hi! Kishore8,

Don't worry about it. You will get more than 213 in the end. Actually, I took it on 23rd this month and got almost the same score with yours. I am worrying about if I can get 213 as you do too, but the score will come out in just two weeks. Believe yourself, 213 is not a problem. ^_^

BTW, do you remember how much time you have for the structure part?

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Kirting

MoizManji
09-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Hi Kishore

Lucky you got an essay you read... I wish I had that kind of luck for my TOEFL essay on 11th.

Anyways, I think, you could get 223 with a score of 3.5 on your essay so you should relax and w8 for your result.

GOOD LUCK

-- Moiz Manji

Kishore8
09-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Hai moizManji and kirting

First of all thanks for your quick reply.:)

And even after I completed my TOEFL now I still dont know how to count the struture.Indeed I know only to count essay.

If suppose I got the minimum marks in my struture exam as you can is on top of the page. and 3.5 in essay how much I will get?:shy:

And finally for my self and for you(kirting) we will get above 220 and we will also reply to this forum that is for sure in the mean time for applying to colleges there in an uncertainity whether I get more than 213 or not if not I cant afford to send the registration fees which may vary w.r.t. coolege from 75 to 150 dollars if we apply to 6 it come to about 2500 rs so if we dont think before atleast we can get eligible for the univ or not

any way thankyou for reading

Kishore8
09-26-2003, 04:31 AM
In structure I got 25 questions 20 mins its well balanced

MoizManji
09-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Hey Kishore

U r worrying too much. the score for structure shows the minimum and maximum score you can recieve. If you recieve 0 in your essay, you will get 187 and if you get 6, you will get 247. For 3.5, I think you would get 223 which is 10 points above that req'd for undergrad admission in US, Canada or NZ.

My advice for you would b to apply to Univ with no App. fees. These include small colleges (not community colleges) but those with student body of abt 10,000 students. Then, when you get your score, you may appy at those big colleges you dreamt of.

GOOD LUCK with your applications (i know I need alot of it)

-- Moiz Manji

Ricky
09-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Hi Kishore

I think you will get more than 213. But if this is so haunting you then you could confirm your scores by phone after 8-10 days. In TOEFL website it is written that scores are available by phone only after 14 days. Thats a bull****, just for their own safe side. I myself today (on the 10 day after exam) confirmed my scores. In my case I was expecting 4 or 4.5 on my essay but I got 5.5.

So, don't worry I am sure you will get at least 4. I know at crucial time person always think about same thing over and over and over. You need to have patience. Keep yourself busy with other things, thats a best thing to do during these days.

Anyway, Good Luck.

Kishore8
09-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Hai,
That was very suppotive,indeed.Yeah I am not thinking about TOEFL now
And any one from Chennai in this forum???

Kishore8
10-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Just now I enquired my scores in phone I got 240:) Ok satisfied

With out that essay I cant even dream of this score so the entire credit goes to ERIN Thanks alot Erin with out your websie I cant drem of this score

LONG LIVE ERIN:D

kirting
10-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Hi! Kishore8,

Congratulations!!!![goodjob] You finally get your good score. Hopefully I can get mine soon. Good luck!!!!

Best wishes,
Kirting

MoizManji
10-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Ya man...congrats sat your great score. you DID IT!!

-- Moiz Manji

Kishore8
10-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Thanks,

To both Kirting and MoizManji. [heartbeat]

kirting
10-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi! Kishore8,

I have one question. When you called to check your score, you need the appoinment number, right? How many digits are they? I have checked it on the offical website and it says it need 16. But mine is only 8. Do you know why? Thanks in advanced.

Again, Congratulations!!!

Ricky
10-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Hi Kirting

The first eight digits are - 00000000.

I am not sure about in general but in my case it was like this. I was also having only eight digits. But I remember when I took computer based test, at the start of the test on the screen it showed eight zeros and then confirmation number. So, I tried using this and it worked.They will further ask you about your date of birth.

Hope it will work in your case also.

Good Luck

Cheers
Ricky

kirting
10-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Hi! Ricky,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will try it tomorrow to see if it works on me. ^_^ Again, thanks for your help!

Best wishes,
Kirting

Kishore8
10-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Hai ,
I am sorry for late reply.I was out of station for past 3 days.
the 16 digit number that starts usually by 8890000000------ that is some number ok they charge you 10 dollars I think that is answering machine and dont forget to listen again your scores to cross check

Best of luck[heartbeat]

kirting
10-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Hi! Kishore8,

Thanks for your reply. I already received it. Good luck!

Best wishes,
Kirting