PDA

View Full Version : Got 26 In Speaking- Thankyou God

asa
04-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Friends, I Passed Speaking With 26 In First Attempt .

Thankyou For All Your Support And Prayers. Asa

rixos
04-14-2007, 12:38 PM
congrats asa
could you share your speaking questions
thanx

rixos
04-14-2007, 12:41 PM
congrats asa
could you share your speaking questions
thanx

asa
04-14-2007, 01:51 PM
What I Did Was , As Soon As I Booked For The Exam I Only Spoke In English For The Whole Month. That Gave Me Confident To Speak Fulently. Guys The Simple Thing To Pass Speaking Is Confidence No Matter What You Answer, But It Should Be Realted To The Question. Speak Loudly With No Pauses As If Speaking To Your Friend. Try Speaking In English All The Time. That Helps And Pray To God To Give Confidence While You Speak.
Hope This Helps. I Got Good,good,fair.

knok
04-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Asa,

Congratulations!

I was so surprised whe I talked to you last year. Your speech was so good. I was so surprised when you told me that you could not get a 50 on the TSE. I told you last week that you must pass it this time! and.. you did.

I remember Elsie. You and Elsie speak with similar accent. Why did Elsie can but why you can't? You deserve this long time ago. I believe that the format of the test has a big impact on your success. Now, you can move on.

Knok

dahz
04-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Hi Asa,

Congratulations! I think you did pretty well.

By the way, I need to practice TOEFL-like speaking questions, how did you practice? Do you suggest me some method or web page?

My TOEFL is scheduled by April 21.

Thanks a lot!

David

:rolleyes:

rixos
04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
hey dahz
I am also writing that day at 14:00 (+5:00 GMT)
have you already tried all speaking questions in this forum?

asa
04-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Thankyou, speak loudly, clearly, with intonation. Its not the content ,its how well you speak is important. hope it helps. remember there is no right or wrong answer. so the fulency, flow of language is all what you need. hope it helps

newfpgee
04-16-2007, 06:15 PM
cud u explain me what is innotation ?

himanshu288
04-16-2007, 06:45 PM
asa
congratulations
i am new to this forum.
i gave my toefl 3 times but not able to get 26. i want to talk to you and want yr advise. can you give me your email or telephone number. plz give your suggestions.
i am very depressed and i think i am never gooing to pass this exam.
sonia

dahz
04-18-2007, 02:19 AM
Thanks asa, I'll try to speak as clear an loud as I can.

Rixos, what kind of speaking questions are you talking about? Where can I find them? Do you have the link?

By the way, my test is shceduled at 5 pm, Lima (Peru) time.

Keep in touch!

Dahz

rixos
04-18-2007, 03:50 AM
Dahz
try these 1st & 2nd speaking qs
pls make it under timing 15 sec prep 45 sec answ

Tell about a book you have read
2. Parentral control in tv and internet .. your opinion
3. What do you do to relax?
4. Attending classes and learning from school is better than getting information outside the class. Do you agree or disagree
5. The most challenging experience in your life?
6. Important event in your childhood
7. Do you agree or disagree "we can learn about a new city by visiting it's historical place & landmark"
8. State one responsibilty that was given to you and how it was important to you"
9. Do you agree or disagree. Students should not be allowed cell phones in school"
10. A special opportunity in your life
11. Agree or disagree with the use of cells phone in the schools.
12. What is the characteristics of a leader?
13. Is it a good idea to always speak the truth?
14. Is it a good idea to take a challenging course even if you can not get the top grade?
15. If some one from other country coming to your country, you have to serve a meal. What kind of food and arrangements will you do for him?
16. Some like to get information from books, others will use computers to gather information through the internet. Which one do you prefer and why? use reasons and examples.
17. Describe about a park or any public area u would like to visit and why?
18. University in big cities is better or university in small town. Why?
19. Job satisfaction or job money...which is better and why?
20. Class mates / parents have more influence on a child's success in education. Your opinion.
21. Observing or studying animal’s activity will help us to study human nature. Do you agree or disagree?
22. If you can get any job, what would it be?
23. When people get unexpected money, some buy practical things, others spend it on vacation. What do you prefer?
24. Some stay up late and wake up late, others go to bed early and get up early. What do you prefer?
25. Best way for students to relax after hard work
26. A memorable celebration or social event, why?
27. Keeping in touch by letters and email or by phone, which do you prefer (?)
28. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?"
29. Talk about a work of art (poem, song, etc) that left a lasting impression on you. Explain why?
30. Some people think that once they start a new book, they should finish it, others don’t feel that way. What is your opinion?
31. What object is important for us? why(Tell them what is important and give yourself as an example, if they are asking about an object , i would come up with , my cellular, or laptop, and take it from there).
32. Which is the most preferred mode of transport in your country and why?
33. Does learning to play a music instrument help students in their development (something of that sort can’t recollect exactly)?
34. What is your favorite time of the year, what happens and why?
35. Agree/disagree Best way to live for everybody is to relax and live an unhurried life.
36. Some people think internet provides valuable information. Other think it provides too much information. Explain whether u agree or not with examples as to why.
37. Describe a place where you like to spend time with a friend
38. Do you prefer eating at home or at a restaurant?
39. What do you like to read during your free time, magazine, novel, science fiction, etc. explain why
40. What quality or feature of a restaurant u need when U choose a restaurant
41. There are old building and new buildings in a city. According to ur experience, which one U prefer to keep. explain:
42. Do you prefer to take essay exams or multiple choice exams?
43. What are the most important characteristics of a good friend?
44. If you won a million dollars, would you save most of it or spend most of it?
45. What do you dislike most about studying English?
46. Would you prefer to go to a big party or a small gathering with friends
47. Your preferred holidays in ur culture.
48. What do you do to relax?
49. Attending classes and learning from school is better than getting information outside the class. Do you agree or disagree?
50. The most challenging experience in your life?
51. important event in your childhood

asa
04-19-2007, 07:53 PM
hi fpgee,Sorry for the late response. Inntonation is the way you speak ,your voice,tone, rhythm. for e.g when you speak to your family members, like sharing your opinion ,thoughts ,etc you wont speak in a same steady voice ,your language use will go up anddown in order to express your feelings but we dont do that in the exam because we are tensed when we are tensed we stammer and there is no rhythm in our speech.so talk confidently without fear,then the flow of ideas will come automatically.

dahz
04-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks Rixos!

Well friends, I'll try my best tomorrow at 5 pm (GMT - 5).

See you

Dahz

ks.5002
04-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi.. cn u let me knw the topics asked in the speaking section.. on 21st of April?

dahz
04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Ok, I promise.

Can you figure out that I mixed up the dates? My real test is on April 28th, not 21th.

Wish me luck anyway

Dahz

ks.5002
04-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Dahz,
ALL THE BEST ... DO LET ME KNW U R SPEAKING TOPICS ONCE U R DNE

Mimimj
05-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Congratulations... I took my Toefl iBT 6 time but no avail for the Speaking. hated it...

nandinijs
05-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Hi,
That was all very helpful. i have my test on 9th june, jst 18 days to go.
it z from today that i am starting practising on a full time.
please tell will i be able to do it.
Please pray for me. and please give me your valuable advises.

hi asa, well done! and congrats!

with wishes,
nandini

arus
05-21-2007, 06:24 AM
i gave toefl and passed first time only.my speaking section did not go very well,and i was scared to death whether i wud pass it or not.but i passed.i think what is most important is that in that 45 or 60 sec.one should speak,the content is not all that important,try not to fumble .there were two task which i could not do completely,but i spoke fluently and confidently for sure...which i think was responsible for my score.take speaking section normally,dont be scared of it.in the break drink water and dont panic.yes most important is try to take notes especially for listening and speaking sections.once u have the notes,the rest is easy.

nandinijs
05-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks Arus!
Are you from india? and do you have any tips for writing section?
i need a total score of 89 i.e writing 24, speaking 26, reading 21 and listening 18.
If u can please give me what I have to do to achieve these scores that to in this short time.
Thanks a lot again and in advance.

With wishes,
Nandini

ks.5002
05-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi,

Congratulations !!!1
I got my test on 16th .. n i m too tensed abt it ..
can you please share your speaking topics ....

arus
05-21-2007, 04:27 PM
hi nandini,

i am from india.I am also looking for fpgec certificate.Many of us have this preconceieved notion that speaking section is tough,no it is not,infact i felt bad that i cud not give my best in the speaking section,which was far easier than i thought it wud be.I thought my daughter wud have spoken better than me.But as we say alls well that ends well,so i feel quite relieved as of now.But people who are struggling there,shud not be afraid of this section.Practise is very important,and having a right attitude on the exam day is far more essential,do not go to the centre with the thought that u cant do it,rather go with the attitude that u will make it.Writing section is the same taking notes in the first task is important.Try to relate both reading and listening part of it,which is the thing toefl people see.Barrons cd rom has 7 complete test,some of which far difficult than the actual test,once u adjust with these test,the actual test wud not be so tough for u in the end.One more thing dont forget to pray to god.

nandinijs
05-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Hi Arus,
Thanks a lot.can u please let me kno which will be the best book other than kaplan and official guide. Actually i need a book in which there lot more practice tests. Please let me know.
May yhe good god bless ou.
with wishes,
Nandini