PDA

View Full Version : Final ---> 257 with essay rating 5.5

Ricky
09-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Just got my final scores 257 with essay rating 5.5. I think I should be satisfied with this score.

The range was 200-260

Listening: 26
Structure: 10-28 (27 final)
Reading: 24

Essay score is unexpected. I was expecting 4 or 4.5 on my essay. I didn't use much fancy language just supported my ideas with normal writing but I did spend last 2-3 minutes on correcting the punctuation. I think ETS consider your ideas more than the fancy language. Be careful in punctuation also.

Read as many essay's as you can. Do this couple of days before the test. Download all the essay from this wonderful site and just read read read.... In that way you will come across many ideas.

Few days back I took IELTS also. MY IELTS score (Academic) is 6.5 (overall)
Listening:6 Reading:6 Writing:6 Speaking:7

Although my scores on IELTS are also acceptable, I find TOEFL much more easier and better than IELTS. I remember a very very tough reading on IELTS with lengthy paragraphs.

If you have an option on IELTS and TOEFL then don't take IELTS instead go for TOEFL, a better test.

Anyway, Good luck to these tests.

Cheers
Ricky

MoizManji
09-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Congrats Ricky on getting a good score on your TOEFL.

I also think IELTS is more difficult than TOEFL. TOEFL measures your ability to understand and comprehend simple English... IELTS goes a step forward.... and so, is abit tougher!