PDA

View Full Version : Final score:283, Essay:6.0, 27th Sep'03

ruchita
09-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi friends,
Wrote my TOEFL yesterday. Score is OK:shy:.(had expected a little more.my greedy self!!)

And imagine this is exactly the score I got in the 2nd test of PowerPrep I took 2 days before the exam. The 1st test I took a week before and had scored 227-277. So you see PPREP actually tell yr score 2 days in advance.(i am now scared of taking my GRE PPREP. you see it leaves no suspense for you in the actual movie. you already know the climax [bomb])

my individaul scores were: Listn - 28, read:28, Struct- 12-29. Got a couple of ans wrong in all the sections:drunk:

the standard of questions was the same as in PPREP.

for listening section I had practised from Barron's and ARCO's. There are a lot of excersises in both of them. For Structure I mostly practised from TESTMAGIC and Barrons. I did all the excercises Erin has posted on the grammar section.

Thanks a lot Erin. yr excercises helped me a lot in my preparation.[bounce]

Ricky
09-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Hi Ruchita

Conragrats ! You did a marvellous job. Regarding GRE, I am sure you can do it, just go and get it. I am also thinking to move ahead expeditiously towards GRE, could you tell me which book to follow and how to go for it ?

ruchita
09-28-2003, 04:07 PM
hello Ricky,
thanks for your wishes.
ya I am now working for GRE. I have it on coming sat(4th):(
regarding its preparation why dont you search a little bit on the GRE forum. I am sure u'll find more information there than you r searching for. I also refer to the same forum.
presently I am working with barrons, arco, kaplan and ETS official prep book.

Ricky
09-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Hi Ruchita

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually, I am waiting for something to happen this week. I am waiting for my final acceptance with funding in Canadian University. So, I may not need to take GRE. But in the worst case, if didn't get final acceptance (because my case is bit complicated, although I am 90 percent accepted, still there is a big risk) then I will move towards GRE to get into US universities. I will go through the forms as you suggested.

Thanks for taking time to reply me. Good Luck (-_-)/ for GRE on 4th Oct and remember --.

MoizManji
09-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Hi ricky

Congrats on getting a good score.... lets hope you get admission in the Canadian Univ. you want to get in!

Good Luck

-- Moiz Manji

kirting
09-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Hi! Ruchita,

Congratulations!!! [goodjob]

I believe you can get the admission in the University in Canada with such a high score. Good luck!

Best wishes,
Kirting

ruchita
10-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Hi friends,

got my TOEFL score report just now. got 6.0 in essay. [bounce] though its really hard for me to believe!![w00t]
I was not expecting more than 5!!

final score now is: 283.

RAYAN
10-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Hi ruchita,

Congratulation.
Please could you tell me which the best way to improve writing eassy?
I need your opinion?
Thanks

ruchita
10-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Hello Rayan,

i dont know what would be the best way to write an essay, b'z I myself did not follow any particular pattern. but I did go through a few essays before the exam to have an idea as to the pattern of writing. including a few examples could make yr writing more lively. a good structure and flow in the essay is also a must.
just going through the list of essays prior to exam will be very helpful in introducing you to the different types of topics. in any case, TOEFL topics are not that tough. it wont be very hard for anyone to score 5.5-6.