View Full Version : 230-283 on 29th sep , pl help me v. tensed

meenu
09-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Hi Friends,
I just gave my test today (230 -283) . Breakup is as follows

Listening -26
Structure - 13-29
Reading - 30

Not worried about the TOEFL Score. But really tensed about the essay score. I am really v unhappy about the essay I have written. I am just hoping that I get 4 or above as that is prerequisite for the college in which I want to study. My major problem is that I also have to apply for scholarship and last date for scholarship application is 31st oct. Does anyone have any idea by how much time do we get the result
of the essay (2 weeks or 4 weeks). In addition to this , is it possible to give test only of the essay again?? I don't know whether I should give the exam again without even waiting for the results of the essay. Coz if I don't get 4 in the essay then after my results if I have to take my exam again , it would be too late to apply for scholarship. So currently in big dillema what to do?
I would be extremely thankful if somebody could give me advice regarding this matter. Also if a person takes a TOEFL exam again , does it give a real bad impression to the University?? don't know what to do.....
Pl help me....

Thanks in advance,
Meenu

Ricky
09-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Hi meenu

World is full of problems. Anyway, You can confirm your score by phone after 8-10 days and can decide to retake. Don't wait for score card just confirm by phone after a week. But I wonder if you even get a 3 or 3.5 on essay, your score would be more than 260, which should be acceptable for applying even for scholarship. You should better confirm this once again.

No I think you cannot take only essay test again. My advice is not to take haste step to go for test without confirming your score because you never know...and as I said before you can confirm your scores by phone within 10 days. I myself confirmed my scores by phone on the 10th day after the test. I took test on 17 sept and confirmed my scores on 27 sept and still have not received score report. It depends on the location also where you are ? If you are close to US like in Canada then you should receive it within 2.5 weeks.

In the worst case, if you did not get required score on essay then you can take test again during second week of October, still you will having enough time to be confirmed by phone before your deadline.

I think it should not matter if person takes TOEFL exam again as long as you meet the requirements but maybe in your case because you are applying for scholarship and if the competition is high.... that is why I said don't go for retake without confirming.

I hope you will get the score on essay you want. Good Luck!

Ricky

meenu
09-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi Ricky,
Thanks a lot for the advice :-) . I hope I get the reqd result . Just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
Actually 4.0 in the essay is prerequisite for the college and not for the scholarship . But I can't apply for scholarship unless I have applied to the university. Anyways, I am definatley feeling much better after coming to know that I can get my results within 10 days on phone. This piece of information has really relieved me of the tension. Thanks :-).

Cheers,
meenu

Ricky
10-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Hi Meenu

You might have received/confirmed your essay score. We all hope you don't need to take it again. Please let us know...

Thanks
Ricky

meenu
10-13-2003, 05:36 AM
Hi Ricky,
I got the scores on phone. And guess what I got 5.0 in my essay. I am so happy . I am now on cloud 9 :-) , jumping around everywhere... Total score I got is 277.I was hoping for 4 and I got 5.. For a moment I just couldn't believe it .:-)...

Thanks a lot for the advice otherwise I would have again given the exam.
Hoping to get in the required university as I am only applying to only 1 University.Keeping my fingers crossed.

Wishing you too lots of happiness and good luck throughout your life :-)

Cheers,
Meenu

Ricky
10-14-2003, 03:37 PM
Congrats Meenu, finally You did it. Good luck with your application. I am also keeping my fingers crossed for my final acceptance. I am loosing my patience now. I don't know when my this wait is gonna to over. The processes in Canada takes a long time. Hope you don't have to wait for so long.

Anyway, thanks for your wishes.

Cheerio
Ricky

kirting
10-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi! Meenu,

Congratulations!!!! You did a good job! [goodjob]

Best wishes,
Kirting