PDA

View Full Version : how much geometry on the gre?

CharlieG
09-29-2003, 10:18 PM
:spidey:People, I have 1 month left to study for the GRE. I have been getting 650s Quantitative and Verbal. I guess I am OK in verbal, but I still need to work a lot in quantitative. 1 question: how much geometry does the quant sections include, and what topics? THanks a lot!!!

Svetyk
09-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by CharlieG

:spidey:People, I have 1 month left to study for the GRE. I have been getting 650s Quantitative and Verbal. I guess I am OK in verbal, but I still need to work a lot in quantitative. 1 question: how much geometry does the quant sections include, and what topics? THanks a lot!!!

Hey CharlieG,
you have enough time to bounce your Q, so do stay on the constant course of preparation! :)
Regarding geometry scope on GRE: all geometry theory you need to apply when solving the Q problems is of pretty essentiality... You might have already felt that if you started your PowerPoint practicing (otherwise, I strongly suggest you try it). All geometry you need to be confident with, is reviewed in short in the Math Review pdf which you can find both on the official GRE website and within the PowerPrep software. Nothing more, believe me... But one small advice: on the real test, there are some geometry questions which are among the difficult ones and require clear understanding of the question. They might seem resulting in the D answer but virtually they will never have such an answer and require your finding the smart and quick solution which will bring you to some more definite (than D option suggests) answer. Take care of that.

HTH, Svetlana

Psyoutlaw
10-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Make sure you are clear with all facets of Geometry. Know all rules and your score an easily be +50 or -50 of your PowerPrep, so over prepare yourself.

Psyoutlaw

CharlieG
10-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks a lot Svetyk and Psyoutlaw!!