PDA

View Full Version : 190 to 257: People with Low Score

wing
10-02-2003, 12:00 PM
<font face="Verdana"></font id="Verdana">
When I scanned through the marks posted here, I found nearly all people finished TOEFL with high scores. Of course I congratulated them, yet, don't forget people with lower marks.
Today is my second time to take TOEFL. This time, I get better result of 190 to 257. It is not good as other people here, but I am satisfied. I expect to get around 23x-24x finally which should be enough for my application.
For people with lower score, please don't give up. After I just finished the test, my impression is generally the same as my previous exam. But the scores are higher than my expectation.
Good luck!

DreamsComeTrue
10-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi wing,

To tell you the truth, to get a very high score on TOEFL requires many things. One thing is to use English as much as possible as most of test-takers in India do.

However your score is good. Congrats!!! [banana] I wish you get the maximum of 6 for the writing. :)

coh
10-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Hello Wing,

Congratulations!

I also want to get a higher score (more than 237). Many TestMagicians are very awesome. They can get too high score even 300. I think I will never get that.:shy:

In fact, when I was in the test center, I was feeling well. However, after the score displayed, I was confused very much. Until now, I can not know which one is wrong.?

Anyway, just like what you said, I can get higher score next time.:)

zulfinho
10-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi wing,

Great spirit, wing! :) No matter good or bad, we're here in TM forum[tm] to share experience and knowledge for everybody.

Your score is great! I wish you get 6 for the writing. Hmmm... BTW, since the first test, how long did it take to prepare for the second one? I may have to retake if I don't get 250+.

Cheers,

Zulfikar Dharmawan

thaiva
10-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Hi Wing,

Congradt's on your score I hope that you get 6 for the writting....

As you said for the people with lower scores perseverince gets you right at the top.

Congradt's once more take care,

Tim

MoizManji
10-03-2003, 02:00 AM
Hello Wing

This scores r good... I hope you could reach your expected goal!

Anyways, the reason I think we only have ppl with higher scores over ehre is because those with lower score dont come back to post their feedback. Although, I think those with lower score should post more info coz their feedback would b appreciated more as compared to that who could speak fluent english and scores 300! What do you think?

-- Moiz Manji

wing
10-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Thanks for support of all you.
I just received my final scores in my first exam. The essay score is pretty low i.e. 4. I thought I wrote well during my exam. Maybe the part that I am confident the most. [}:)] Yet, the score is ....

I am scare of the essay score of my second exam. I was rush to write it and hasn't enough time to double check it.

I already asked to send 4 reports directly to schools after seeing the results. Hope I can still meet the requirements
For me, scores are always out of my expectation. When I think it is bad, it comes out not too bad or good you think in the begnning and end up with bad result.[:o)]

Anyone join the English class in unversity due to maginal TOEFL exam result? I want to attend it as I think my English needs to be improved in great deal

wing
10-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks for support of all of you.
I just received my final scores in my first exam. The essay score is pretty low i.e. 4. I thought I wrote well during my exam. Maybe the part that I am confident the most. [}:)] Yet, the score is ....

I am scare of the essay score of my second exam. I was rush to write it and hasn't enough time to double check it.

I already asked to send 4 reports directly to schools after seeing the results. Hope I can still meet the requirements
For me, scores are always out of my expectation. When I think it is bad, it comes out not too bad or good you think in the begnning and end up with bad result.[:o)]

Anyone join the English class in unversity due to maginal TOEFL exam result? I want to attend it as I think my English needs to be improved in great deal

MoizManji
10-07-2003, 11:17 AM
Hi

Still, you got the score you exprected 23x-24x so, it could b said a target achieved!

-- Moiz Manji