PDA

View Full Version : When confuse I come here to ask, and now I am confused

zulkfal
07-05-2007, 03:25 AM
I got undergraduate results, which are 64% (2:1 UK) aprox. I checked the conversion some said between 3.5 and 3.8 US GPA. I have no good maths background. Now I am going for Master and I have two options MSc Finance and Econometrics from Queen Mary University of London (fee £ 8870), other Kingston University London MA Development Economics (fee £ 8750 with £3000 pound scholarship it will be £5750).
Queen Mary is giving me option with good Econometrics advance. Kingston has just general Economics no maths Just Advance Micro, Macro and Econometrics with one option development economics and Banking system in development countries. Now advice me with your wise thoughts what to do in this case QMUL or Kingston? My planning is PhD from US don't need any MSc degree as requirement from universities. Just want to do it to be more competative in top 30.

snappythecrab
07-05-2007, 06:52 AM
I think if you want to be more competitive in the top 30, then you should go to Queen Mary. I like development, but I do not think it is a MSc degree in development is as strong of a signal for the top 30.

LuLecon
07-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Zulkfal,

Definitely choose QMUL over Kingston, you will be better with MSc Finance and Econometrics than MA Development Economics.
Good luck!
LuL