PDA

View Full Version : Free iBT speaking test tour with examples, scores, feedback, etc.

Englishraven
07-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi to everyone in this forum.

We've had our model iBT speaking/writing test online for a couple of months now and it's getting lots of visitors. Based on the feedback we're getting, potential iBT test takers appear to like and appreciate it.

http://onlinenglish.net/iBT/OnlinEnglish_Actual/200703_test_start_b.html

In addition to the tasks themselves, there are links across to pages with guidelines and tips, as well as actual speaking efforts conducted under realistic TOEFL conditions and time limits, followed by grades and feedback from our TOEFL tutors.

Please note this is not a promotion or advertisement. We're proud of this free application and there are no plans to remove it or change it to strictly pay-for access. We'll leave it up there for free for as long as people want to use it.

Best of luck in your iBT speaking and writing preparations!

Sincerely,

Jason Renshaw

tseveteran
07-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi,
I visited your site and took that actual test with the guidelines and tips.It was really much informative and helpfull.But there's only one set of speaking questions on your site.I tried to apply your tips for the speaking questions which I collected,but I couldn't apply to all .Like for example,according to your tips for question 4,you say spend 10 secs for intro about link between reading and listening and then 50 about main points of the lecture in relation with reading passage.This formula was ok with the question types where the passage explained a concept or phenomenon and the lecture gave examples.But in my collection I have a couple of questions where in the reading passage and the lecture give nearly the same information except for some statistics in reading,for example the passage explains the statistics and formation of glaciers along with repercussions of their melting.The lecture just repeats the information regarding formation and dissolution of glaciers.I couldn't attempt this type questions with your formula.It would be great if you add a collection of different practice questions especially for integrated tasks.
Thanks and Regards.

Englishraven
07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi tseveteran,

Thanks for the response and the interesting question regarding timing and focus for the 4th question (= 2nd integrated question).

Personally I think question 4 is absolutely the most challenging of the lot (and the most unfair in terms of the time limits imposed!). I'm of the opinion that this tends to be one of the questions most test-takers lose points on.

I'm unsure why you think the formula I suggest wouldn't also work for the example you give. So long as you quickly summarize the topic of the two inputs and how they relate to each other (contrasting or adding information) I don't see why dedicating the remaining 45-50 seconds of the speaking time to relating each major point of the reading to the specific information in the listening passage wouldn't work. It shouldn't matter whether it is phenomena with examples or different sets of statistics and facts (either adding more detail or contradicting the original information in the reading). You would state some stat or fact from the reading and then explain the corresponding info in the listening - or state what you heard in the listening passage and then link it to the relevant area or info in the reading.

What I do know is that the original/official ETS guidelines specifically recommend that you dedicate a greater portion of your speaking time to explaining information from the listening than the corresponding detail in the reading. The trap to avoid is taking down reams of info from the reading and then talking too much about that, because that is the easier of the two inputs to gather information from. That is why I tend to recommend starting with info from the listening passage and then relating it back to the reading (rather than the other way around). Of course it's okay to do it either way, but I think my suggestion ensures you are demonstrating to the test grader than you have listened well, and if you run out of time, at least you ended up expressing more content from the listening than the reading. You may lose points for omitting some info from either source, but I'm willing to bet you'll be marked down further if more of your information related only to the reading passage.

In relation to your example, I would think that giving the specific details from the listening and then saying which set or area of information from the reading it relates to / adds to / elaborates could be a good way to go. I also think it still fits my original formula. Perhaps because I gave very specific advice on how to handle that exact question, you got the impression the formula was only applicable to that genre of question. I need to re-listen to the general advice I placed there as well to see if the suggestions have a wide enough scope for handling different kinds of information presentations.

Thanks for the feedback, in any case.

Best wishes,

Jason Renshaw

tseveteran
07-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Thanks jason for your quick and descriptive reply,I will try to work out my stated question by applying your these new suggestions.But you didn't respond to my request for a collection of atleast integrated questions on your site for practice.It's really impossible to get and practice integrated speaking questions in the same way as the test.Few guys suggest just listen to news on voa or npr and then summarize and paraphraze.I have been doing that,but I don't feel this act resembles the actual integrated questions.There are sites like iteslj.org for a collection of independent speaking questions,but I couldn't find anything for integrated speaking.It would be really great,if you could provide some collection on your site or atleast shed some light on practising such type of questions.Once again thanks for your valuable suggestions.I expect you to be really an asset for this forum.And I hope pretty soon all of the members can get the required scores in toefl speaking.
Reagrds,
tseveteran

Englishraven
07-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi tseveteran,

You make some very valid points here - you're right when you say there is a scarcity of integrated tasks for practice online. We actually have several banks of integrated tasks that we've made for textbook and workbook use in schools, but transferring them to a fully online application is very time-consuming. We have also scaled these activities into levels, so students can try easier versions first and then work their way up to versions identical to the actual iBT tasks.

We are working on it and hope to get more samples and practice online soon. There are a couple of other applications we are tying up at the moment, but we are dedicated to getting lots of top quality tasks and help applications on our site.

I'll use this forum to keep you updated when they become available.

Best wishes,

Jason Renshaw

abhatti
07-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Well, Jason Renshaw your website is really good, but please add more questions in your website at least 5 to 6 questions for every part so that test takers have general idea about what sort of question they can have.

Thanks for the website.

Englishraven
07-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi Abhatti,

We hope to get more samples up soon, and in fact, right now one of our directors (Dean Stafford) is working on another complete set of tasks.

Please remember that we design, write, record, format and upload all of these tasks ourselves - to avoid any copyright infringements and to make sure the tasks are original and fresh. We do of course spend a lot of time referring to the real test tasks and samples to make sure our content is closely on track with the original test. All of this work is extremely time consuming, and we are not profiting from it at all financially, so please be patient and bear with us.

More than anything else, I encourage test-takers from this forum to get into the trial application and to practice the tasks and help each other out with feedback and advice. You all have enthusiasm and drive, and your greatest assets are actually each other. Don't forget that!

Best wishes,

Jason Renshaw

malamamama
07-09-2007, 06:19 PM
You don't need to have long lists of sample questions. Just read material in English and discuss the contents. It is more important to speak the language as frequently as possible than it is to practice specific questions. The more you speak the language, the more comfortable you will be.

Englishraven
07-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Hi malamamama,

I agree that 'too many' sample questions could actually end up being less helpful than regular, spontaneous speaking practice. On the other hand, I understand why test-takers are so keen to get more samples in this case. Finding plentiful samples of the independent questions is easy - getting your hands on a reasonable range of the integrated tasks is much harder (because they are that much harder to produce).

Personally I recommend getting a general answer format clear in your mind, with pre-set expressions and frames ready and automatic in your memory (for example, lead-ins to express sequence or purpose, plus using reported speech well is really crucial). From there, it's a matter of showing quick understanding and putting speaking straight into use.

malamamama
07-10-2007, 01:51 PM
In theory your idea is a good one. Unfortunately "pre-set" expressions become automatic, do not sound natural and are recognized as not spontaneous. Understanding of the language, facility of use, sentence structure, verb useage are important. This takes time and lots of practice using English in true conversation. Real topic discussion is what will turn the corner for most of the students as they will become comfortable using the language.

Englishraven
07-11-2007, 02:34 AM
Hi there malamamama,

It's always nice to hear a strong advocate for natural communication and interaction. In a world where testing tends to supercede learning for real world application, we do need more people (and I assume from your comments you are a teacher?) to think and promote the learning of English in the way you describe.

I must, however, disagree with you on a couple of points:

(1) Becoming more comfortable using the language and developing fluency as the only way (and I know you haven't said that specifically, but based on your comments it appears to be what you are emphasizing) to prepare for the iBT speaking test is not necessarily extremely effective. I know this because when our teachers started preparing students for the iBT here in Korea, we got some of our native speaking teachers to actually try iBT speaking tasks under timed conditions. Many of them truly struggled with it, and this was NOT because they lacked fluency or the ability to discuss topics naturally and readily. It was because the particular demands of the tasks were unfamiliar and they were not used to speaking with such stringent time limits. That is one of the prime reasons why I advocate getting to know the test and seeing and practicing with plentiful samples.

For what it's worth, your theory is very solid in my opinion - the problem is not what you are advocating but the nature of the iBT speaking tasks themselves. The IELTS speaking module, for example, works so much better if the learners have basically learned to discuss and interact a lot naturally.

While it is my job to prepare a lot of students for the iBT, I regard the actual tasks with a grain of salt at times. I have some views of my own regarding the task demands and the communicative objectives behind them - and many of them come up wanting. You might like to check out a post on my blog addressing this: iBT Speaking and Writing - how do they stack up to the real thing? (http://jasonrenshaw.typepad.com/ibt_speaking_writing/2007/03/ibt_speaking_an.html)

You might notice in that posting that one of my strongest criticisms of the iBT speaking component is the lack of interactive communication. I'd be interested to hear your own thoughts there!

(2) Pre-set expressions. Again, I have to disagree somewhat slightly. As native speakers, a lot of what we come out with in our speaking consists of internalized 'chunks' - set expressions like "Considering that", "Personally I'm of the opinion that", "Looking at it from that angle", etc. We don't consciously put these words together in our utterances, they spill out almost as one elongated word in our communication. Unfortunately, second language learners don't have as much (a) exposure to the chunks themselves or the communicative situations calling on their application, and (b) time to apply them with enough frequency to make them naturally internalized and hence automatically accessible in communication. That is why I tend to teach these chunks to my students and get them to memorize them and practice using them as often as possible in natural communication and discussion. When they become automatic, they do not just add fluency to a learner's speaking - in terms of speaking on a test with stringent time limits, having automatic access to these language chunks also provides very valuable extra thinking time. Native speakers are often thinking about the content of what they want to say while they are using these pre-set chunks of lead-in language. It happens simultaneously in good speakers, and it's something I've had success in passing on to second language learners as well. But it does require training and practice.

Don't get the wrong idea from my response here. I really like your perspective and agree with it. I just think that when it comes to specific test preparation, it necessitates a bit of a compromise between various considerations. We do need exposure to the test items and formats and some artificial building mechanisms alongside the natural communication and discussion practice.

We need better speaking test formats and objectives from the iBT - ones that could effectively test the learners' actual natural discussion ability. I would then be very happy to say that your approach to becoming a better speaker would be much more appropriate.

Thanks and best wishes.
- Jason

malamamama
07-11-2007, 01:51 PM
I think that you are correct. However, too many students spend to much time practicing questions rather than conversation. Their responses become robotic and are not perceived as natural, fluent English. The TOEFLibt speaking scores are rated by language, fluency and topic development. The first two portions are often rated low due to a lack of ease and familiarity with the language. Those test takers who rate high speak naturally. Of course, they add many details and opinions (where and how requested) in their answers; but in order to do this they have become comfortable using English.

rupeshbhatia
07-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Hi , I Also Wanna Get My Answers Evaluated . The Site Says Use The Yack Yack Recorder , But I Could Not Find It , Can You Pls Help . Where Is That Recorder ?? Pls !!

rupeshbhatia
07-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi , I Also Want To Get My Answers Evaluated , But The Site Says To Use The Yack Yack Recorder, But I Could Not Find That Anywhere On The Site !! Pls Help Me With This . .

Englishraven
07-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Go to the main page at http://www.onlinenglish.net/. Click on the icon that says free trial application, follow the instructions and sign into the interface. Then when you go back in to the actual test pages, you can simply log in to the interface and start recording your responses.

Please do not misunderstand the service: we are not a free test evaluation site. We offer the test tasks and access to sample answers with scores and feedback for free. The idea of the free trial is to become familiar with the tasks and practice yourself giving recorded answers, and to give and get feedback and thoughts from other iBT test takers. We do have tutors in the application, but they give feedback if and when they can according to their schedules. You shouldn't expect this as a guarantee.

The facility is there for people to help themselves and each other.

Thanks,

Jason

rupeshbhatia
07-13-2007, 04:57 AM
hi ,
thanks . your site can help the students do wonders in the PAPER . . Thanks a lot . .

ptrp9478
07-15-2007, 05:34 AM
hello jason!
hi, just wanna thank you guys for the web site that you created regarding the toebl ibt. I found it very helpful and informative that it make the toefl ibt easy as ever. Well I'm just finish listening on the second question of the speaking part and i find the tips and remark very helpful and it really sound easy but i know during the test where in your in a time pressure it's really hard.
I just have a question regarding how they score the speaking part. do we have to get 2 good score and 1 fair score to obtain a 26 score or is it possible that you have 1 good and 2 fair score to get 26? I dont know but im sure they are using range score. Or do they curve the score of all those who took the exam and just get a few test takers for them to have a good score?Give me a light for this cause ive been taking the exam for many times now and the highest score that i get is 23....
But most of all, Im commending you guys for a job well done and hopefully by gods grace I will make it this time...
Thanks!

Englishraven
07-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Hi there ptrp9478 (by the way - I think your avatar is cool, my little 2 year-old son loves it!).

Thanks for the compliments on the site. It's always nice to be appreciated :-).

As for your inquiry about scores, I'm afraid I can't help you much there, as I think to give a definitive answer one would need some ETS inside information. The way scores are ranked, curved etc. is a very closely guarded secret inside the marble halls of ETS, I think.

I would agree with your assumption that they are using ranged scores. Each of your tasks is graded out of 4, though I believe half points are possible as well. From what I'm seeing/hearing, a lot of really good dedicated test-takers are having a really hard time cracking 26 out of 30. The speaking section sounds like it is becoming like previous incarnations of the TOEFL test, where everything is strictly organized and the best scorers are those who follow the formula to a 't'.

Most of my examples and outlines given for each test question are based very closely on the official ETS guidelines, printed up in association with McGraw Hill. I'll be interested to hear how test takers who try our test and follow our guidelines get on in terms of a score in the official test.

Sorry I can't be of more help with your specific inquiry just now, but the moment I get more information on that issue I'll be sure to post it. I do have some ETS contacts and colleagues who have ETS contacts higher up the chain. I'll ask around when I get a chance.

Best,

Jason

ptrp9478
07-16-2007, 12:13 AM
thanks for the immediate response jason. If all the test takers know how they really score it would be a big help and i know they got the rubric scoring that they usually tell if you'll gonna ask them how do they score but the problem is when we get the result and when we read the comments on every section it seems like it's already pre-write or the comments would be the same in every area where as on your site its like a one on one basis which you point out what is missing or what is very good on the said exam.
Anyway i'll continue with the sample exam on your site and i do believe that this time i'll be shooting for the score that I want. Thanks and God Bless!!!!

malamamama
07-16-2007, 05:29 PM
You are right. No ums, errs, or silence. Summarize the subject, answer the question in clear, coherent language. It is as difficult and as simple as that.

afaf
07-19-2007, 07:43 AM
hello jason,
I'm taking the toeft ibt on the 17th of august, i really need to score 116, which is something impossible, my problem is with this speaking section, although i can talk freely about different topics in my daily life, but in the test i end up not knowing what to say, I'm not concerened about the intergrated tasks because the answer is from the question itself and with the valuable tips in your website,I'm sure it's gonna be ok, but the first 2 questions are what I'm afraid of, because i always say everything i want to say before the time's up, what's irritating is that i always speak english with my friends and all i watch in tv is english programmes, i don't know maybe I talk quickly, maybe I don't include much details, so I need some evaluation, if i sign up for the free trial in the preceding website can I get dependable evaluation?
but, you know I'm only 17 years old, not that I think I'm too youg or something, but i still have a whole year to take the test again and again, but i really wanna achieve this score from the first time just to finish off with this problem and because I still need to take the sat, anyways please tell me where can i get the evaluation, even if it was not free, thank you and goodbye..
afaf

Englishraven
07-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi there - this is just an update about the free iBT speaking application we're providing on our site.

The free resource has received a phenomenal response and number of visitors, so the sample speaking/recording room we provided ended up extremely crowded and difficult to navigate.

We've replaced the old facility with a new (also free) one from our friends at Chinswing (http://www.chinswing.com), which is smoother and allows test takers to record speaking very easily - and it also allows visitors to navigate through other test-takers' samples with more ease.

I hope you all find this upgrade useful!

Best of luck with your iBT speaking preparation.

Jason

nen25
08-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Hello ,Jason Renshaw your website is really good. But i would like to know how to record and send my response to you. As i have had face some problem during recording. please i need to improve my speaking and get to score high in speaking section.
Nensi

knok
08-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Hi Jason,

I did not know that you are the same person as Jason Renshaw I referred to in TOEFL and NABP complaint. I did Google search and found your site. It is true that IELTS has a better speaking format than the iBT.

I also shocked to see the comparison chart between iBT and IELTS, produced by ETS. It is a very biased presentation. How come does ETS present that iBT is integrated but IELTS isn't? Another one is that ETS doesn't give a real interview because ETS is afraid that interviewers may bias toward candidates. This reason doesn't make sense for me.

In real world, we use face-to-face communication. 60% of our communication comes from reading lip, facial expressions, and body language incorporating with verbal communication. Also, in face to face communication, we can have interactive communication. If we don't understand the question, we can ask to clarify the meaning immediately. We don't have to worry that raters may not hear us because recorder may not recorded our voice clearly. The system told my friend that microphone was adjusted properly after the test taker who sat next to her shouted loudly. She did not say anything but the system confirmed that microphone was working properly. I have doubt if the voice recorded in the system after testing microphone when she answered her questions, would be her voice or her neighbor. :( We are not robotic.:crazy:

itzm
09-03-2007, 05:29 AM
Hi guys
I couldn`t realy understand on which icon I should press to recored my answer
Tahnks

Halking
09-05-2007, 04:48 PM
you guys' writing is excellent!

Englishraven
09-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi there.

We've made some updates, so now people can go directly to each sample speaking section and get the oral guidelines, tips and tricks, as well as the genuine sample responses and then the feedback and scores from raters:

General Page with menu (http://www.onlinenglish.net/TOEFL/ibt_speaking_guidelines_samples_tips.html)

:wizard: iBT TOEFL Speaking Part 1 (http://www.onlinenglish.net/iBT/OnlinEnglish_Actual/200703_speaking_1_guidelines_samples.html)
:wizard: iBT TOEFL Speaking Part 2 (http://www.onlinenglish.net/iBT/OnlinEnglish_Actual/200703_speaking_2_guidelines_samples.html)
:wizard: iBT TOEFL Speaking Part 3 (http://www.onlinenglish.net/iBT/OnlinEnglish_Actual/200703_speaking_3_guidelines_samples.html)
:wizard: iBT TOEFL Speaking Part 4 (http://www.onlinenglish.net/iBT/OnlinEnglish_Actual/200703_speaking_4_guidelines_samples.html)
:wizard: iBT TOEFL Speaking Part 5 (http://www.onlinenglish.net/iBT/OnlinEnglish_Actual/200703_speaking_5_guidelines_samples.html)
:wizard: iBT TOEFL Speaking Part 6 (http://www.onlinenglish.net/iBT/OnlinEnglish_Actual/200703_speaking_6_guidelines_samples.html)

Prior to the update, people needed to navigate the actual test in order to reach the guidelines and tips, so I hope the new format with direct links is more convenient for those who basically want to educate themselves about the questions, hear examples, scores and feedback.

Good luck with your prep!

malamamama
10-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Jason,

I think you are on the right track with your website and are doing a wonderful service for the community of TOEFLiBT students. However, I must say that the two scores you rated as "high" would not rate more than a 2. Please trust me on this. I would hate to see you do your fans a disservice by giving them false encouragement!

That said, congratulations on a wonderful service.

Englishraven
10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi there knok,

Sorry - I didn't notice your reply. It seems sometimes this forum sends me a notification when a reply is posted, and sometimes it doesn't.

I think what you are saying is so very true (about the comparison of IELTS and iBT, and the problems with getting a "fair hearing" with the Internet-based asynchronous recording). The more I compare the two tests, the more I think IELTS is both fairer, and truer to real life. I noticed that IELTS has launched a CB IELTS (Computer-based IELTS) in some countries now, but the speaking section is not included and must still be taken as a face-to-face interview. I think that is a very good thing. If you're going to test speaking skills, I think you have to replicate as much as possible the real act, and unless you're in a crazy hospital and like talking to yourself, speaking is a form of communication that involves at least two people - real people, together in one place looking at and reacting to each other.

I think computers and Internet can be used to facilitate a speaking test, but it should absolutely be live, and involve video as well as audio. Very soon this is going to be the way a lot of people talk to each other over long distances anyway, so I think it would have some validity. Goodness, even a live telephone interview would be much closer to the real world than what ETS is going with at the moment. Then again, they're setting out to see what students can report about academic matters mostly, rather than real interaction between people - I'm sure that would be their argument for this format.

They have a long way to go yet, and I have the deepest sympathy for all these test takers struggling mightily to handle this speaking test.

Cheers,

Jason

Englishraven
10-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Hi malamamama,

Regarding the scoring - you could be right. Those assessments were made quite a long time ago, and I have heard that the criteria/fussiness of the scorers has gotten a lot stricter since then. But a few people who took the iBT also told us that our practice test tasks were actually harder than the ones they experienced on the test - especially the integrated tasks, so perhaps overall there is a bit of balance.

I think it might be safer to listen to the actual samples and scores we've given in the Chinswing threads attached to each speaking task - not the ones on the initial pages.

In any case, it is not easy to teach and write iBT items and get the scoring perfect each time - just the same way as the real iBT raters can't be completely relied upon. I have heard, though, that people appreciate hearing how we quantify and qualify our scores with rich feedback, rationales and comments on performance and errors at both global and local levels. We may not get the scores perfect every time, but at least our test takers get some explanations, corrections and suggestions!

We have been hard at work producing our next full online test - just editing and doing some road-testing now before we release to the public.

Thanks for both the compliments and the criticism - it's all a part of professionalism in education. Just wondering, do you have some speaking efforts and scores/feedback on a site somewhere that you have been involved with? I think the more the better, so if you can please do share!

Best,

Jason

Englishraven
10-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Important update:

For any forum visitors trying to access our free online materials for the iBT TOEFL, you may have noticed that the site has become temporarily disabled.

As it turns out, we have become victim to cyber attack and/or spidering, where a third party has hacked into the site's hosted server, accessing our MP3 files, and is now running those files from an undisclosed site, but on our bandwidth. Of course, this has caused our own bandwidth to max out and crash.

I am livid over the matter, of course, but for the moment we're doing everything and anything we can to get the site up again as soon as possible. Truly horrible to be providing free resources online, only to get hacked like this...

I'll post an update the moment the test pages are operational again.

Best regards,

Jason Renshaw
CEO: OnlinEnglish.net

Englishraven
10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Okay, the site and free test appear to be back online. Let's hope it can stay that way this time!

Thanks,

Jason

Englishraven
12-30-2007, 04:23 AM
Hi there everyone,

Just a quick notice to say sorry to anyone from this forum who has left an iBT speaking submission on our free online test. I've been involved in a new Pearson writing project and we've also been trying to make some upgrades to the site. We have earmarked January to get back in there and start giving some 1-1 feedback to the many many people logging in to try the free test. Please be patient and your feedback will arrive soon!

Best wishes for the New Year! May 2008 be the year of a great iBT score for you!!!

Jason Renshaw

Englishraven
01-09-2008, 05:02 PM
The feedback and scores are coming along nicely for the free test - check in and see if you haven't for a while.

We've also added a new free iBT speaking Part 4 (http://www.onlinenglish.net/TOEFL/a_ibt_question_4_practice_january_2008.html) question for you to try. It was originally formatted for video submissions, but we adapted it today to just audio - so all you need is your computer and a microphone.

Give it a try if you want more practice handling that part of the speaking test.

Cheers,

- Jason

UNbreakable21
01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey guys....I' am really glad that there are so many people that r on the same page here. I think there are 2 reasons we should make this group:1. The speaking is the only part in the exam that u can't practice alone specially in non English speaking countries (unless u can talk to the wall or a mirror and finally u will end up crazy :))2. The high score they require for passing (26).So plz I want us all to join in yahoo messenger to practice. it will really help if we practice for like couple of hours daily.So if ur interested plz send me ur yahoo ID and the time u will be on(in private)and Letís see if we can arrange something here.Good luck to u all :tup:

ptrp9478
01-10-2008, 02:13 AM
to unbreakable21!
from what state are you?

UNbreakable21
01-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey ptrp9478....

I am not in the states for the time being. I am spending some time back home. Please if you are intersted in the speaking group contact me in private now we could also meet in skype. Just contact me and you are in!!. All are invited too.

Good luck to you

ayet
02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
more power to you all guys!!! thanks..

Englishraven
08-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I think this thread needs a quick update, as some of the tasks and help resources have changed, along with some links.

We had a tech problem with the iBT speaking tips and tricks for each question that I recorded. So I have revamped the speaking tips as actual video lectures accompanied by brief text notes summarizing the important points. You can access those new tips at Renshaw Internet School of English (http://www.english-itutor.com/TOEFL_iBT.html)

I've also launched a series of new free speaking tasks for people to try, available at Jason's Global English Discussion Forum English Test Practice Category (http://global-english.lefora.com/forum/category/english-test-practice/page1/)

Hope the new resources and free task practice are helpful to you.

Best wishes,

~ Jason

joecoocker
08-08-2008, 02:44 AM
Hi to all.

The site is great, keep up the good work, and good luck to all.

Joe Coocker:grad:[clap]

malamamama
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I would like to congratulate you for building such a wonderful, helpful and free site! Perhaps you could advise students against taking their test before they are ready. It is very sad to witness so many low scores because students rush to take the test before their language skills are sufficiently developed.

pumaniac
08-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Thank you so much for such a very useful website. It does really help fix my the most concerned weakness in iBT.:tup: