PDA

View Full Version : Any website/notes on the von Neumann & Morgenstern Expected Utility theory?

reactor
07-25-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm looking for any website, online notes, notes etc on the von Neumann & Morgenstern Expected Utility theory. Any input on this is welcome!

asquare
07-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I got these notes on expected utility theory during my first year. They probably came from Scott Page, but I am not 100 percent sure of that, and there is no source in the document. At any rate, I found them extremely helpful at the time. Enjoy.

can_econ
07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
not a website nor free, but I really enjoyed Kreps' book on choice theory entitled "Notes on the Theory of Choice". I got the book for about $20 through an amazon affiliate. I found Kreps' writing style particularly enjoyable for casual reading, and the technical level will be about what you're looking for. You can check out the book to see if it would meet your needs.

Amazon.com: Notes on the Theory of Choice (Underground Classics in Economics): Books: David M. Kreps (http://www.amazon.com/Theory-Choice-Underground-Classics-Economics/dp/0813375533)

reactor
07-26-2007, 12:19 AM
thank you guys :)