PDA

View Full Version : GRE and grades

kashikokunai
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
hello everyone, until now i've read this board for a while, it has been interesting and useful so thank you. i will apply this fall and i will very soon take GRE but i only get 750 or 760 on powerprep math tests and i am very worried and disheartened. i have perfect class marks and good recommendations. also i have taken many math classes.

i studied for the exam but i just do not have the test skills to succeed. anyone know if some people are admitted to top schools with good grades and recommendations but these such low GRE scores?

Palimpsest
07-25-2007, 09:29 PM
I would take the GRE and then worry about it when you see your score...if you need to. I was scoring 750-780 on Powerprep, then got my 800 on the real thing. So don't worry about it until you actually need to.

TruDog
07-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Don't discount your ability on the GRE at this point. I firmly believe that the PowerPrep software underestimates GRE scores. Additionally, going in with a defeatist mindset will just make a low score more likely. Just keep studying for the GRE and don't worry about schools...yet.

needeconhelp
08-24-2007, 04:37 AM
I was also getting around 760-790 with Powerprep and Kaplan. I got 800 in my actual test. Just practice and have confidence. YOu will do fine.:grad:

cpsteiner
08-24-2007, 05:17 AM
yes to everything above; just relax!

Modeler
08-24-2007, 07:09 PM
I also was scoring between 760-780 on my practice materials and got an 800 on the exam. Just try to relax and double check your math work when you take it because presumably you do know all the relevant math at this point.

Fermat
08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
I studied for three days before the test and got an 800. I used a kaplan computer program and powerprep. The key is to review what you missed after you take the tests. I found the errors I made during practice tests and found the ways that the GRE tries to trick the test-taker and was able to avoid those pitfalls on the actual test. Learn from your mistakes and you'll be fine.