PDA

View Full Version : Final Score 293

andy
10-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Hi Guys,
Received my final score yesterday and to all my surprises the final score was 293/300.

My essay scored a good 6/6, which was not the least I was expecting.

Listening : 28
Structure:30
Reading:30

I guess I am done with this exam.

So off I am to start preparing my applications.

All the Best to all who still have this exam to give.

One Tip : Be cool and confident. Its a fairly easy test and anyone who has had his/her education in english should crack this exam easily.

Cheers,
Anand

eagle
10-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Andy, this is a Great score!!! Do tell me how long it took you to prepare. I am planning to give my TOEFL soon. Is it possible for me to give it in a week.
My spoken is fairly good and reading is good too. I may have a problem with listening- since I am not used to accents other than Indian. Is one week- 2 weeks prep sufficient. (I'm counting on 3-5 hours a day).
Also what material did you use other than PowerPrep.
Do reply soon.
Best of luck for your applications.

sweet
10-22-2003, 06:31 AM
Hi andy,
ur score is really Appreciable...
i need advice as im going to give TOEFL on 29oct.
and now my score varied between 200-240.... but I need more .
what to do? I have problem with reading.

waiting for tips from u.
Best of luck to u.

andy
10-28-2003, 07:46 AM
hi sweet/eagle ,
I took 1.5 weeks to prepare for TOEFL. I just downloaded some additional tests for Sentence Structure from www.downdowndown.net and couple of Reading Comprehensions from the same site.

Apart from that I gave 2 tests of Powerprep and 1 test from Princeton review book.

Ya.. I remember I also practiced some listening passages from www.esl-lab.com . I only took the difficult part of the listening tests that this site had to offer.

BTW, I am also an indian but I don't think you would face any problems with that. One thing that you might face a problem with is the usage of American Slangs in listening which can be learnt by seeing some american movies .

Hope this helps..

-Anand

sweet
10-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the advice, hope so I will do well tomorrow.
( hope, TOEFL will not trouble Indians)

bye and again thanks for advice.
all the best