PDA

View Full Version : Differences Between Programs in 30 - 50 Range?

YoungEconomist
08-17-2007, 03:04 AM
For the past 2 months or so, I have been researching programs. I will not be applying this round, but the round after that, which is due to some undergraduate courses that will take me a while to finish. However, I am predicting that I will wind up in the range of 30 - 50.

So far, most of the schools that seem to be a good fit (location, areas of specialization, etc.) are ranked in the 40 - 50 range. In fact, I plan on applying to only 3 schools ranked between 30 - 40, while applying to 7 schools ranked between 40 - 50.

This has led me to wonder, is there much of a difference between a school ranked 34 and 48? I want to make sure I understand if that sort of difference in ranking will make much of a difference when I apply for a job. It just seems that the schools in the 40 - 50 range are better fits for me, but at the same time I don't want to hurt my future chances of landing a job.

Thanks in advance. And by the way, I was using the US News Rankings from last year. Furthermore, in case anyone was wondering, I will apply to a couple reach schools (probably in the 20 - 30 range) and some safety schools.

Bayern
08-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Maybe there isnt much difference, but make sure that you are applying to schools which matches your specialization. For schools ranked 30-50, they tend to be good in certain fields rahter than all the programs