View Full Version : Aug 4 results

Atala
08-22-2007, 05:42 PM
my third attempt
R 29
L 29
S 23
W 20
I need S 26 and W 24.For the last two attempts I got the same S 23, but W 22.

salgy
08-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi Atala

This was my third attempt too and fed up with their scoring structure. I am also getting 23 in speaking from the last two attempts. I don't know what to do? Where are you from? We can prepare for this together if you like.
I am from San jose (CA). I need 26 in speaking and 24 in writing too for my FPGEC certificate.
Let me know if you want to practice with me.

Salgy

sony2416
08-22-2007, 08:06 PM
hi Atala and salagi.......

I got very less marks in reading and listening i.e. R-12 and L-13 and I got good marks in speaking and writing...i.e. S-23 and W-22 I need R-20 and L-21 and Speaking-20 and Writing-17 and I got such a less marks.....
Can you tell me how can i start the study for getting good marks in reading and listening?????

Please help me....

you both got good marks....are you going to try again????
I am also going to try again......
Best ok luck and please let me knw about the study...
thanks

Atala
08-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi Salgi and Sony,
I live in Vancouver, BC,and yes, we can practice together.
I will retake the test in Sept, 14, so I will restart some practice at the beginig of Sept.
Good luck !!!!

Atala
08-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi,
I will try a rescoring for the speaking part because I got 1 good and 2 fair [23] but what can I do with W 20? I think that is too low for a rescoring[I need 24].
I need a little encouragement, please.

salgy
08-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi Atala

I was also thinking of rescoring my speaking and writing section because I did good in both them but still got the bad results. I think rescoring is just waste of money because lot people in this forum says they did good but got bad results. I think it is better to retake the exam and hope for the best the next time.

Do you need these scores for FPGEC certificate too? We can practice together for this exam if you like.

Salgy

ranirani
08-24-2007, 12:27 AM
hi atala,

at what time is ur exam on sep 14 th.

Atala
08-24-2007, 03:49 PM
3 pm.

ranirani
08-27-2007, 09:29 PM
hi atala,

where r u taking ur test on sep 14 th at 3 pm.
please let me know,
bye

yamiini
08-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi salgy,
I am from San jose too. My exam is on 14th of sep. I also need a nice scoring for fpgec. I wouldnot mind practicing with you. Let me know if that is possible.
Thanks in anticipation.
Yamiini

Atala
08-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Hi.
I will have the test in Vancouver,BC,and for now I am in vacation with my daughter, so, no more speaking and writing practice until the second day of Sept.

salgy
08-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi Yamiini

Yes we can prepare for it. When do you have time to practice. I prefer to practice in the morning around 9.00 clock. We can practice on skype. Let me know if it suits you too.
Where do you live in San Jose?
I will wait for your response.

Salgy

Kirtipri
08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi salgy,
I am from San jose too. My exam is on 14th of sep. I also need a nice scoring for fpgec. I wouldnot mind practicing with you. Let me know if that is possible.
Thanks in anticipation.
Yamiini

Hello,

I'm also from Sunnyvale. It would be nice if we both practice for speaking. I'm also giving the exam on September 14th.
Awaiting your reply.

ranirani
08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
hi yamini,

this is rani from india. i have an exam on sep 14 th. At what time is ur exam on sep 14 th?
bye. please let me know,
rani

Hi salgy,
Thanks in anticipation.
Yamiini

ranirani
08-31-2007, 05:06 PM
hi kirthipri,

this is rani from india. i have an exam on sep 14 th. At what time is ur exam on sep 14 th?
bye. please let me know,
rani

Hello,

I'm also from Sunnyvale. It would be nice if we both practice for speaking. I'm also giving the exam on September 14th.
Awaiting your reply.

yamiini
09-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi ranirani,
My exam is in Sanfrancisco at 6'0 clock in the evening. Kirtipriya's is at 3'0 clock. Why are you so keen in knowing it. Are the questions repeated on the same day. Please let me know too.
All the best
Yamiini

raj4toefl25
09-08-2007, 06:47 AM
hhi guys ima taking my exam on sept 12 i want guys aleady given toefl in sept to post speaking topics & writing topics that would b gr8ful to us:)

shalil
09-08-2007, 07:41 AM
I can't believe it! Finally I did it after that rescheduling.....
reading : long format, very tough and awful! be prepare to face it:yuck:
listening, speaking and writing went very well :)
speaking topics:
#1 : A happy memory of your school time...
#2 : Would u prefer to go to restaurants and cafe with friends or stay at home with them....

Writing topic: AD:more important for teachers to have a good relationship with their students than being knowledgeable about the subject...

I'm very happy it is over, at least for now!
Wish u all the best! :tup:

dudes
09-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi Atala

This was my third attempt too and fed up with their scoring structure. I am also getting 23 in speaking from the last two attempts. I don't know what to do? Where are you from? We can prepare for this together if you like.
I am from San jose (CA). I need 26 in speaking and 24 in writing too for my FPGEC certificate.
Let me know if you want to practice with me.

Salgy

Hi salgy I also need 26 in speaking section and interested to join you guys in preparation...If you are guys also interested let me know..thanks

dudes
09-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi ranirani,
My exam is in Sanfrancisco at 6'0 clock in the evening. Kirtipriya's is at 3'0 clock. Why are you so keen in knowing it. Are the questions repeated on the same day. Please let me know too.
All the best
Yamiini

Hi yamini...I am also preparing for speaking section. I am interested to discuss about the resources and practice speaking part of the exam. If you are also interested post a reply with your email address.

All the best

candie
09-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Yamiini,

I am from San Jose too. If possible, I would like to join you guys for speaking practice. I think it help a lot if we could get together to speak freely on the prepared topic.

Candie

parth_sharma
09-09-2007, 04:36 AM
Dear Rani,
I am also in India and need 26 in speaking. Taking test on 15th September.
If intrested in practising speaking mail me at princyria@yahoo.com