PDA

View Full Version : Have you rescored your speaking section on TOEFL iBT?

knok
08-25-2007, 06:07 PM
[banana]Hi TOEFL candidates,

If you rescored your speaking section on the TOEFL iBT, please vote. You can vote as many times as you rescored your tests. For example, if you rescored 3 tests, please vote 3 times. Your vote will help other test takers in the future. If your score has changed, please post in details after this post. I will appreciate it.

As many of us know that some people received a score of 24 in two tests. When they rescored the first test, they received a score of 19. When they rescored the second test, they received a score of 28. We need the statistics for the sake of future TOEFL iBT test takers. [clap]

Best regards, :tup:

Knok

whitetulip
08-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I rescored once and went from 24 to 28
whitetulip

PTS
08-26-2007, 05:08 PM
whitetulip

Hey whitetulip,

How many good and fair u got? I got 2 fair and 1 good and given for rescoring. I just want to know that is there any chance of incresing score? My rest of the score is good. Its 104 out of 120. (R-28, L-25, S-24, W-27)

whitetulip
08-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey whitetulip,

How many good and fair u got? I got 2 fair and 1 good and given for rescoring. I just want to know that is there any chance of incresing score? My rest of the score is good. Its 104 out of 120. (R-28, L-25, S-24, W-27)

Before rescoring I got G G F and after I got G G G. I took it easy at the beginning so I will have energy for the speaking section (R-24, L-25, S-28, W28), total 105.

fafy
08-27-2007, 09:32 PM
I've asked for a rescoring in the speaking part and I'm waiting for the result. But I can't believe that such few people ask for a rescoring :hmm:.

fpgec2005
08-27-2007, 11:50 PM
I have applied for rescoring twice for speaking. My score remained the same.
It was 24 with one good 2 fairs.
Thank you.

fforum
09-01-2007, 07:01 PM
hi evey body

takku
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi,
I got the same score .. 24 !! 2 good and 1 fair.. Pathetic... hahaha

zymeth02
09-06-2007, 10:23 AM
whitetulip

That is unbelievable! You are one lucky guy.

PTS
09-08-2007, 02:23 AM
In rescoring my score has decreased from 24 to 23.. really it sucks...Can I get my refund back? Should I call to ETS for my refund or they will send it back automatically?

whitetulip
09-08-2007, 02:06 PM
In rescoring my score has decreased from 24 to 23.. really it sucks...Can I get my refund back? Should I call to ETS for my refund or they will send it back automatically?

They automatically refund you if you have a change of score. Check your TOEFL homepage and go under orders, it should show all the transaction you made, and also it shows if any refund already happened, also they will send you a letter informing you about the change in score and the refund. Hope this help and good luck next time.
All the best

knok
09-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I had to call to get the refund. I waited for 3 months and had not gotten any refund. When I called, a customer service representative told me that it showed on the database that the refund has been made 3 months ago.

Actually, I didn't get it. After I called, ETS reversed the charge on my credit card. (After 3 months of rescoring.)

ingaamazon
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Hello all Toefl testtakers,
I am new to this forum.All those who received rescoring how many wks did it take? I applied for rescoring 2 wks back

sondiv
09-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I passed FPFGEE in June. I have taken toefl 12 times, and my scores for the speaking section for the past couple of years is either 23 or 24. I gave the one on Aug 4th for a revaluation and the score went down by 2 points (24 to 22). Its all just frustrating... i think i am going to leave it here. I mean, I am thinking of stop trying further and look for some other career.

Good luck to all.

knok
09-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Please copy two copies of your scores before and after rescoring. I will post about tests taken / complaints and surveys shortly. We hope to get about thousands of evidence before filing a lawsuit. :)

Please check pharmacy forum. Thank you.

tseveteran
09-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Hi knok,
just a personal question for you if you don't mind.Do you still continue taking TOEFL,or you stopped.Till now how many times you appeared for it.Iam really frustrated by the repeated 22-24 in speaking since 10 attempts.As per your instructions,I have also written to NABP and ETS.But with all the states including michigan and florida joining the band wagon of NABP,I don't see any hope of our voices being heard.I really regret selecting pharmacy as my career and Iam strongly thinking of changing the track 15 yrs after graduation and practice.Earlier at least I could speak properly,but right now with time passing by tension is being built up during the speaking part and it's affecting my performance.Please help.

knok
09-15-2007, 05:28 AM
tsetvetaran,

I quit taking it. I spent a lot of time and effort for this test. I even went back to TOEFL tutoring classes and speaking classes for years after passing TOEFL in 1995, since before I attended graduate schools. I took the TOEFL iBT 10 times. If you ask about the TOEFL, I took the paper based TOEFL in 1995-1996, computer-based TOEFL in 1999-2005 when my graduate school required me to take it and when NABP required us to pass the TOEFL. I received high scores in every section. One reason is that the score expires in 2 years. It is such a good business making big bucks from foreigners.

Thousands of us had the same experience. If we give up and do nothing, we will lose, but if we are sure that the test administration and test scoring are not given fairly, we must prove it.

Don't worry. I am sure that we all together can do the work and prove that the method is wrong. We know how to do research, collect data, fill up surveys, know how to testify, and speak English to lawyers. Even though NABP has rigid regulations, fact from evidence will speak for itself. There is always a solution to a problem. It depends on us whether we will do it or not.

Please wait for the surveys and send them to the mailbox. If you have friends who want to share what they think that it is unfair, please have them send the evidence.

In this country, nobody can be wrongdoing without being punished. The most important step is collecting the evidence and then prove it in the justice system. Please forward the information to everyone you know. Threre are 800,000 test takers taking TOEFL each year. I can't imagine how frustrated it can be for foreign students who have to go through the process. We already asked for help from a powerful organization. They are ready to help us.

Slaves will not be slaves forever. Emacipation occurs because of persistent efforts.
Stay tuned!

abhatti
09-15-2007, 01:40 PM
HI KNOK AND SONDIV:

I just want to know what was time difference between these toefl attempts, i mean after each unsuccessful attempt how longer you wait for the next attempt.

You answer will be highly appreciated.

bye

knok
09-15-2007, 08:19 PM
My first attempt was 0n Dec 3, 2005. My last test was on March 17, 2007. The period was ranged from 6 months, 3 months, and 2 weeks, depending on seats availability and, sometimes, ETS cancelled my tests and rescheduled them without asking my permission.

sondiv
09-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Yup, thats the case with me too. I took the 1st test on 2006 Aug. The following attempts in like a 2 or 3 months gap or some even in a couple of weeks difference depending on availability of seats. And my last 3 attemts were on 2007 Aug 4th, 15th and 25th. My scores on Aug 4th were 29, 28, 24 and 29. After revaluation my speaking score is down to 22. I am planning to write to nabp, about this inconsistant scoring by ETS.

abhatti
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
HI SONDIV AND KNOK:

I appreciate your replies, sondiv i wish you good luck for the next two results.

bye

knok
09-17-2007, 10:29 PM
You're welcome.

http://www.urch.com/forums/pharmacy-forum/75901-toefl-ibt-victims-willing-sue.html

Please read this thread and send your survey to the address provided as soon as possible. If you cannot download the survey, please let me know.

We are in the process of collecting data, evidence, and surveys to talk to authorities and a lawyer.

You may take 10 minutes to fill up the survey and copy your rescoring report and send other evidence, but this action and your survey and may change your life and several others'.

Thank you for your contributions.

Best regards,:)

sondiv
09-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Thank you all!

And its a great idea knock. I really appreciate your involvement in solving this issue, that all of us are struggling with. I am sending my letter in today. Hope it works, and we all would be relieved of this mental torture.

knok
09-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Thank you very much for your contribution. :)

sondiv
10-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi friends

Finally, after my 12th attempt I have scored a 26 for the speaking section. I couldn't believe it.... However, I am finally relieved.

knok
02-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Please participate in this survey and share your experiences about rescoring process and results.

knok
02-29-2008, 01:25 AM
:hmm:

Laura.pharm
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi FPGEC2005,
Have you re-score same speaking part twice?
Please let me know. I have re-scored speaking part for 2 separate tests. I am wondering is that possible to re-score it one more time?

Atilathehun
05-04-2008, 03:27 AM

I received the same results on my 2nd rescoring attempt, from 24 to 23. Thank you for posting your question. I did not know that we are eligible for a refund when the score decreases. I checked my TOEFL homepage under orders and saw no transaction indicating any refund. It is obvious that I have to fight another battle because ETS did not automatically refund my money. My first score, by the way, did not change after rescoring.

Atilathehun
05-04-2008, 03:38 AM
Hi FPGEC2005,
Have you re-score same speaking part twice?
Please let me know. I have re-scored speaking part for 2 separate tests. I am wondering is that possible to re-score it one more time?

I know for sure that it is not possible to rescore twice.

What upsets me is that 1 year ago I score 24 for my spoken answer, and here I am 1 year later with the same result. I can ensure I have improved after 1 year of practicing, correcting my pronunciation patters and sounds, memorizing synonyms for a better paraphrasing, receiving an A for my College Level Writing course (English Composition), and completing a TOEFL ibt preparation courses. Who are there judging our performances on the TOEFL? Can they show mercy and, at least, consider how well we did on other TOEFL's sections before grading us for our integrated tasks!?

Atilathehun
05-04-2008, 03:40 AM
I just felt like talking...

francesco_pat
05-04-2008, 04:56 PM
speaking 18-->22
writing 22 --> 25

mariagpl
05-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I had 22 and got 23, not a big change: One good, two fair.