Hi
I attended TOEFL yesterday afternoon at 1.30
My score is:
Listening: 26
Structure: 12 - 29
Reading: 25
Score: 210 - 267

My essay topic IIIIISSSSS :
some people belive that Earth is being harmed(damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity made the Earth more livable.
Which point of view do you agree? Explain with reasons and examples.

(I don't remember the topic number and exact words of the topic)

I practised this essay in this site. I wrote a similar essay. I am not Raghuveer to be able to produce the similar essay which I wrote in actual test .
:)

I feel this score is not Good. But not bad.
Thank you very much for this site.
Thank you very much for all of our friends who helped me through their ideas and suggetions.

My special thanks are to ERIN ofcourse.
Thank you very much for being helpful and for creating this site.
I wish your ambition for creating the best site is always comes true.
I wish that this site improves MORE and MORE in its standards so that it will always remain a good site.

madhavi

Vaya
07-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Hey Madhavi!

Congratulations!!!

[goodjob][dance][dance][goodjob]

You did it!!!

Hey, what's that?! Where is your self-confidence? Your score is really good! Don't look at Raghuveer (Teofl genius), look at yourself, at your achievements, be proud:

You did it!

madhavi
07-26-2002, 11:17 AM
Hi Vaya
You were very helpful in my TOEFL preparation. The ideas you gave me for some essays in the last minute gave me lot of confidence.
Thank you for that. I am satisfied with my scores. But in reading section, I didn't have the patience to read for more than an hour. When I was writing tests in powerprep, I thought I would read very carefuly in the actual test. But when i did actual test It was very boring to read those passages. I completed reading section with 40 minutes of time remaining. It was very boring to check my answers. So I took rest for 10 minutes and continued.
In essay section, my typing speed was very low at the time of my original test. After some time I picked up speed.
I forgot to check my time and the time elapsed when I was checking for mistakes. I didn't save my essay. But they said it is stored automatically.
My first section was listening then section then reading and then essay.
nothing more
I will be continue to participate in this group whenever possible.
Madhavi

Amitha
07-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Hi Madhavi,

[dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance]

CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT SCORE!!!!!!!!!

[dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance][dance]

You have done really well.Please dont think its not so good.Even i had not saved my essay in the TOEFL test.I think it is saved automatically.So,dont you worry about that.All in all,you have done a good job and you have to feel proud about it.

Good Luck for your future.

Regards
Amitha

Erin
07-26-2002, 06:56 PM
CONGRATS!!

What a "happy" score!!

I'm glad that you did so well, and I'm also happy that we'd discussed your topic here. You know, many, many of my students receive a topic that we've discussed, either here in class or in these groups.

Great!

I only wish I had been able to help you more. I noticed in the last two weeks you were very active in the group, but that was the time when my computers, both at home and at TestMagic were not working well, and I couldn't participate actively in the discussions. Fortunately, a couple of Magicians-in-training were very active, so that's a relief for me.

Anyway, great job!

And be sure to let us know your final score when you get it, madhavi.

Erin

madhavi
07-27-2002, 10:29 AM
Hi erin
I wouldn't have got this score if I hadn't found this site. My preparation was completely based on this site. I didn't read any book except Barron's. I didn't complete even that. Initially I was not at all interested in english. Even after my test date was confirmed I neglected preparation. Test magic gave me a big boost in my preparation. I red all the posts from the starting and knew much about TOEFL.
some of the sites our friends helped me much in listening section.
even after completing my test i am entering into this site even before i check my mails.
in our childhood our teacher ordered us to leave space equal to the width of our finger between any two words. we practised that very hard . :content::content:
i didn't know about spaces, commas and others. but becuase of this site i knew much about essay writing.
thank you very much for this free site.
madhavi

raghuveer_v
07-27-2002, 03:44 PM
Hai Madhavi,

Congratulations !!!
on a great score!

All the best

Raghuveer.
Mera Bharat Mahan!
(My India is great!)

m_ravinderreddy
07-29-2002, 01:19 AM
Hi,

I got 280 in TOEFL. Lis- 30, Struc- 27, Reading - 27 , Essay - 5.

I should have more in reading and essay. In reading I find questions on "insert the line in the para" difficult/ or get them wrong.

I live in Hyderabad. But I got a test center in Allahabad. I went to allahabad 3days before the exam and visited varanasi and kashi.

Bye.
M.Ravinder Reddy,
Hyderabad.

Hi
I attended TOEFL yesterday afternoon at 1.30
My score is:
Listening: 26
Structure: 12 - 29
Reading: 25
Score: 210 - 267

My essay topic IIIIISSSSS :
some people belive that Earth is being harmed(damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity made the Earth more livable.
Which point of view do you agree? Explain with reasons and examples.

(I don't remember the topic number and exact words of the topic)

I practised this essay in this site. I wrote a similar essay. I am not Raghuveer to be able to produce the similar essay which I wrote in actual test .
:)

Thank you very much for this site.
Thank you very much for all of our friends who helped me through their ideas and suggetions.

My special thanks are to ERIN ofcourse.
Thank you very much for being helpful and for creating this site.
I wish your ambition for creating the best site is always comes true.
I wish that this site improves MORE and MORE in its standards so that it will always remain a good site.

madhavi

madhavi
08-21-2002, 09:42 AM
Hi
My final score is 263
My essay score: 5.5
listening : 26
structure : 28
reading : 25

I didn't expect that I could get more than 4.
test magic is very much helpful in this.
I advice all the test takers to have basic idea about all the essays before you attend the test. Go through all the discussions in this site and
ask for ideas for the essays you find tough.

Thank you very much for this site and all other friends who helped me with their great ideas.

Madhavi

atnoon
08-22-2002, 12:12 AM
:D [/SIZE]CONGRATULATIONS!!![/SIZE]:D

Amitha
08-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Hi Madhavi,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have done a great job.All the best for your future.

Amitha

Vaya
08-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by madhavi

Thank you very much for this site and all other friends who helped me with their great ideas.

You are welcome. :D [^]

Renata

chaiyachoti
08-23-2002, 12:32 AM
Hi Madhavi,

[/SIZE]#CONGRATULATION TO YOU#[/SIZE] :D

Erin
08-23-2002, 12:55 AM
You did it!!

Wow, that's great! Another success story!

Congrats, madhavi!! I wish you all the best, and I hope that you will post back here with more info, such as where you want to study, etc.

Erin :D