PDA

View Full Version : List of programs

bean14
09-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey all,

I am only a junior right now but I am thinking of putting together a tentative list of schools to apply to for next fall. I haven't taken my GRE's yet, but I have a 3.9 GPA at a top 30 US undergrad school (top 5 public) and did a funded empirical research project this past summer (not published, but I am working on that with a prof). I am double majoring in math and econ and am looking for a program with a top notch applied micro/econometrics program. Can u guys help me figure out which schools are feasible and desirable given the somewhat sparse information on my background (funding is important too)? Oh and also, I am quite partial towards the idea of living in boston (does anyone know what bc's program is like and what their fellowship package entails? I couldn't really find that much info about it on these boards)

Thanks!

bean14
09-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I will list the courses I have or will have taken below so that u guys will have a better idea of my background:

Economics:
-Intro
-Micro
-Macro
-Labor
-Econometrics
-Math for Economists
-Econ Stat
-Grad micro I
-Grad micro II

Math:
-multivariate calc (univariate and integral calc in hs)
-diff eq
-linear algebra
-math stat
-probability
-discrete math
-advanced calc 1
-advanced calc 2
-grad level intro analysis course
-possibly topology

YoungEconomist
09-02-2007, 04:37 PM
From the limited info it looks like you have a pretty strong profile. I think Boston University is better than Boston College though, so you might want to look into that. My guess is that they both offer decent funding. As long as there isn't anything serious about your profile that you're not mentioning, I bet you could get into a top 10 (maybe even a top 5).

bean14
09-05-2007, 05:34 AM
any other suggestions as to where to apply for metrics/applied micro?