PDA

View Full Version : Gpa

Tim0783
09-08-2007, 06:05 PM
One thing is hard for me to figure out: how do you translate grades from a 0-10 scale to a 0 - 4 GPA? Can anyone help me out on this?

Thank you very much!

michaelmas
09-08-2007, 06:25 PM
There is absolutely no hard table or formula for GPA-percentage-conversion. Do not (and I repeat for your own sake) do not kid yourself into believing that - given you have found some site with a conversion table - it will be accurate.

And if you find something, then I suggest you use that interpretation only to figuring out where approximately you stand in comparison with all the intellectuals on TM, whether you are closer to 3.0 or 4.0...

On this site (http://www.econphd.net/guide.htm) is a conversion table only to approximate. Then, when you have converted all your grades into letter grades, you replace the letter with a corresponding number from 0-4.

Then, from econphd.net: "To calculate your GPA, you need to convert every grade to U.S. grade points and take the weighted average, where the weights are credit hours. ... (Hence, add up the total number of lecture hours for the class and divide by 12.)"