PDA

View Full Version : finished TOEFL yesterday

echoshadow
07-25-2002, 10:47 AM
hi,Erin and everybody,
this is my first time posting message on test magic, though I've been reading your posts for several days. Yesterday, I just finished my TOEFL test. I'm not satisfied with my score, it's 203-260. The even bad thing is I met an unfamiliar topic: The twentieth century saw great chang.In your poinion, what is one change that should be remembered about the twentieth century? I think I did a bad job there.

Because my listening and grammar part did less than enough, I spent too much time to regret during the test. And when I saw that topic, I felt like I almost wanted to give up. :(

I just want to make sure that I didn't misanderstand the topic, I wrote the international communication has been getting much easire than before by using kinds of high tech.Erin, Is that a change something?

Now, I really don't want to think it again, I prepared about 3 weeks part time for this test.And I have only 45 days to prepare GMAT test next. I don't know if that is enough time to get an acceptable score?
Anyway, I am thinking about retaking the TOEFL after the GMAT, hope the GMAT preparation could help a little.

Here I want to remind the test takers, from my experience this time, the controlling of pace is very important, and don't be panic if you met something unfamiliar, you still have chance to make it well.

Thanks, Erin, this is a great website, I should have found it earlier,thx for everybody, and good luck.

Edited by - echoshadow on 2002 Jul 25 09:01:48

echoshadow
07-28-2002, 01:56 PM
Ok, it seems that this forum only belongs to the winners.....

anyway, thx and good luck.

Erin
07-28-2002, 02:19 PM
hi,Erin and everybody,
this is my first time posting message on test magic, though I've been reading your posts for several days. Yesterday, I just finished my TOEFL test. I'm not satisfied with my score, it's 203-260. The even bad thing is I met an unfamiliar topic: The twentieth century saw great change. In your poinion, what is one change that should be remembered about the twentieth century? I think I did a bad job there.

Because my listening and grammar part did less than enough, I spent too much time to regret during the test. And when I saw that topic, I felt like I almost wanted to give up. :(

I just want to make sure that I didn't misanderstand the topic, I wrote the international communication has been getting much easire than before by using kinds of high tech. Erin, Is that a change something?

Now, I really don't want to think it again, I prepared about 3 weeks part time for this test.And I have only 45 days to prepare GMAT test next. I don't know if that is enough time to get an acceptable score?
Anyway, I am thinking about retaking the TOEFL after the GMAT, hope the GMAT preparation could help a little.

Here I want to remind the test takers, from my experience this time, the controlling of pace is very important, and don't be panic if you met something unfamiliar, you still have chance to make it well.

Thanks, Erin, this is a great website, I should have found it earlier,thx for everybody, and good luck.

Hi there, echoshadow! You sound so dejected... :( What score did you need to get? If you "passed" your TOEFL, then you're okay, right?? No need to get upset about a score that wasn't as high as you'd have liked if the score is high enough for your purposes.

Furthermore, perhaps your TOEFL experience will motivate you to study harder for the GMAT, and then you can get a great score on that test. What do you think?

As for your essay topic, I think what you wrote about is great, so the actual topic of your essay shouldn't be any problem.

Your hints about being careful with the time are extremely important. People always tend to think that knowing enough is enough to get a good score, but there are always so many other factors involved!!

Keep your chin up, echoshadow (nice nick, BTW)! You will have many, many chances in your life to prove yourself!!

Erin

Erin
07-28-2002, 02:24 PM
Ok, it seems that this forum only belongs to the winners.....

anyway, thx and good luck.
Yes, and you are a winner, too. Welcome here, echoshadow!! ^_^

Erin

echoshadow
07-29-2002, 04:58 AM
hi,Erin, thank you very much, you are so kind!!!

Like I've said, I always spend too much time regreting. :(

You are right, now I am working harder than before, hopefully, I will get a better GMAT score.

Thanks again for your encouragement and welcome, I certainly will keep sharing my problems and efforts with you.

btw, thx for praises about my nick, it's actually my pen name, I wrote some poems and proses in my country. I hope that someday I could write some English poems, too.