PDA

View Full Version : How can we end the nightmare of the speaking requirement of 26?

knok
09-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Hi Colleagues, :)

If you want to end the nightmare of repeating taking the speaking section, please fill up the survey on the link below:

http://www.urch.com/forums/pharmacy-forum/75901-toefl-ibt-victims-willing-sue.html

Send the survey and your complaints to:

Tests taken / Complaints

6619 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
USA

(Please send by mail before December 5, 2007)

We all together can end this nightmare. It may take you 10 minutes to fill up the survey but your contribution may change your life. If you cannot download the documents, please PM me.

Thank you.

Englishraven
10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Good thinking, knok. I really hope this pays off for everyone concerned.

- J

whitetulip
10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Many people passed the exam and passing the speaking exam every day, lowering the standards is not the answer and no body would listen.

aihuapan
10-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Educational Testing ServiceETS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_Testing_ServiceETS) criticism

ETS has been criticized for being a “highly
competitive business operation that is as much
multinational monopoly as nonprofit institution”. [6]

Due to its legal status as non-profit organization,
ETS is exempt from paying federal income tax.
Furthermore, it does not need to report financial
information to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
[7]

In response to growing criticism of its monopolistic
power, New York state passed the Educational Testing
Act, a disclosure law which required ETS to make
available certain test questions and graded answer
sheets to students. [8]

knok
10-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I am sorry for late reply.

Thanks Englishraven. I got an idea from your web site as well, which restated my standpoint.

Whiteltulip,

Thank you for your message. However, I didn't say anything about score requirement v.s. how to end the nightmare. I know that if NABP requires a score of 20 on speaking. In the next 2 years, the percentile rank of a score fo 20 on the speaking section will increase to 85 percentile as it happened to the TSE. In 1995, the percentile rank of those who received a score of 50 was at 75 percentile. Later in 2004, the percentile rank of those who received a score of 50 on the TSE became 85 percentile.

My questions are related to vailidity and fairness of scoring and administration requirement. We all have tried very hard for this speaking section. We will never stop trying because of different reasons, besides economic reason. We can see clearly what is going on with the scoing process, testing administration, and testing environment.

Aihuapan,

Thank you for your information. I actually sent the petitions to every corner of America, including Hillary Clinton. That may be the reason of this update.

Keep me posted if you have any more updates.

I have a response from Department of Education and U.S. Commission. I am busy at the moment. I will try to post later what it is in there. It contains 10 pages of detailed information.

I will upload the online survey soon. Let me figure out about the server. Don't worry! Things will be taken care of soon.

Knok

PiperZ
10-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Has anybody tried to contact the press? My experience is that many things "do not exist" until they have become known by the wider public.

If the present lack of pharmacists (as being reported on the press on a daily basis) and the availability of well qualified foreign pharmacists which cannot cover these positions due to NABP's rules are listed side by side on the press, then NABP will certainly have to rethink their procedures ...

Tino
10-22-2007, 06:08 AM
They need to accept IELTS as an alternative to iBT.

Nothing like competition to fix things.

Tino