PDA

View Full Version : #090: If you could meet a famous CAN S/HE BE DEAD?

cinderellahn
07-28-2002, 11:30 AM
Topic 90

If you could meet a famous entertainer or athlete, who would that be, and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Could it be an entertainer or athlete who died? Or he or she must be alive at the present???

Erin, could you please give an answer to my concern? Thanks.

cinderellahn
07-29-2002, 08:31 AM
Why doesn't anyone answer my question? I really need your help.

Vaya
08-02-2002, 02:25 PM
I think he/she could be dead, but to be safe choose a living one.

Why doesn't anyone answer my question?

Because I have been traveling to California for 5 days :)
And don't be angry, we are trying to do our best.

loveit_yang2003
08-02-2002, 03:06 PM
besides you'r also an famous entertainer or athlete

Erin
08-02-2002, 03:19 PM
If you could meet a famous entertainer or athlete, who would that be, and why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Could it be an entertainer or athlete who died? Or he or she must be alive at the present???Since the prompt doesn't specify either living or dead, we can write about dead ones. However, if you really, really want to be safe, go with somebody who's alive.

Who were you thinking of writing about?

And Vaya, thanks for helping cinderella!!

Erin

Vaya
08-02-2002, 03:35 PM
And Vaya, thanks for helping cinderella!!

That's my pleasure. Trying to do my best and follow your inspiring example. :)

karmicanomaly
08-02-2002, 03:47 PM
I have a feeling that the importance is to be rendered to the reasons for meeting this particular person rather than whether he/she is a corpse or not.

If gravity is such a gr8 thing, why is it such a downer.

Erin
08-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Yes, of course it's more important to talk about why than about whether that person is "a corpse" ;) or not, but one of the things I try to teach all of my students is to pay very close attention to the essay prompt.

So, I'm glad that cinderella asked this question--she's showing me that she's reading the prompt very carefully.

Thanks for your input, karmicanomaly!!

Erin

cinderellahn
08-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Who were you thinking of writing about?

I was thinking of writing about Charlie Chaplin. He is so famous. Because I don't know much about the world of entertainment and sports, this topic is a very difficult one for me. Could anyone give me your advice? What should I write about?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.

Edited by - cinderellahn on 2002 Aug 03 00:01:28

Erin
08-02-2002, 11:37 PM

Nice sig!

I was thinking of writing about Charlie Chaplin.

Could anyone give me your advice? What should I write about?
Charlie Chaplin would be fine! You could also write about somebody from your country, too, just make sure you introduce this person as well.

What about singers? You must have some kind of music you like, right? Madonna? Michael Jackson?

What about Pelé (the Brazilian soccer player)? Could you write about meeting him?

Actually, I think you're right, it'd be hard to talk about meeting these people. For me, I don't have any great desire to meet any of these people who are famous entertainers or athletes, so I think I'd have to make up some stuff to write.

HTH!!

Erin

cinderellahn
08-03-2002, 05:23 AM
The sad thing is that, I don't know much about these entertainers and athletes. I don't know what to write about them. I don't know if they are humorous or kind, I can't think of anything to write about!!!