spek
10-31-2007, 03:17 AM
PROFILE:
Type of Undergrad: Large Canadian University
Undergrad GPA: 7.92/9 I estimate it to be around 3.5-3.6/4
Type of Grad: n/a
Grad GPA: n/a
GRE: Q750/V540/A3.5
Math Courses: intro math for economists I-II (A+) - covers a bit of linear algebra and some multivariate calculus, intro to stats for economists I-II (A), intermediate math for economists I (A) - covers sets, optimization
Econ Courses: up to Advanced Micro/Macro (A, A+), Econometrics (B+)
Other Courses: some general requirement courses, some econ field courses - got good grades in most of them
Letters of Recommendation: one if from associate professor, two are from assistant professors. All should be strong
Research Experience: n/a
Teaching Experience: n/a
Research Interests: applied micro for now
SOP: fairly generic
Other:

What do you think my range should be? I just found this forum and find it very insightful. I'm somewhat concerned about the obvious lack of math and a bit low QGRE. It's probably too late to change anything so where do you think I can reasonably expect to get in given what I have. Staying in school for one more year is not really an option for me. Thank you all for your help.

asianeconomist
10-31-2007, 09:57 AM
You would probably be a good bet for other Canadian programs. Queens, Macgill, Carleton should be feasible options.

spek
10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
You would probably be a good bet for other Canadian programs. Queens, Macgill, Carleton should be feasible options.

Thanks for your comment. What about US PhD programs?

Terd Ferguson
11-02-2007, 02:54 PM
I think you need to take more pure math: Linear Algebra, Calc III, Diff EQ, Analysis. I think it might be hard to get into a PhD program with only applied math in econ courses.