raheel81
11-08-2003, 05:29 AM
Hi all

I gave my TOEFL yesterday.
Here is the score.
Listening - 25 [}:)]
Structure - 11 - 28
Reading - 26

Well I am satisfy with my scores except listening :yuck:....I was expecting 28-29. Anyways TOEFL exam almost same as the PP. I used Barrons(Structure), Kaplan (Reading) and Longman (Listening).

For writing section , I m little bit worried because I typed the essay[:(!].

My Writing topic was ............"Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing a In some countries, people are no longer allowed to smoke in many public places and office buildings. Do you think this is a good rule or a bad rule? Use specific reasons and details to support your position. "

asad100
11-09-2003, 04:49 PM
That's great range. How much time did you devote per day to your preparation? How long have you been preparing for? Where do you live?

forever 21
11-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Hi Raheel81! Did you used the TOEFL POWERPREP CD distributed by ETS as a review material? Does the real TOEFL exactly the same with the questions contained in the TOEFL POWERPREP CD?

raheel81
11-10-2003, 12:18 AM
1 hour a day because of my job:shy:
Mid of October I think
Pakistan

Originally posted by asad100

That's great range. How much time did you devote per day to your preparation? How long have you been preparing for? Where do you live?

raheel81
11-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by forever 21

Hi Raheel81! Did you used the TOEFL POWERPREP CD distributed by ETS as a review material? Does the real TOEFL exactly the same with the questions contained in the TOEFL POWERPREP CD?

Yup....thats true TOEFL Poweprep CD is very fruitful. If anyone of you remember the "Reservoirs" Lecture (Listening) in one of the Powerprep test....guess what almost 80% of this lecture came in my TOEFL exam.

Dori
11-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Hi all,

Could you tell me the structure of TOEFL test, Writing is always the 1st part?

Dori

ramana2004
11-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Hi raheel81,
You said TOEFL real exam is almost similar to POWERPREP. Did you get any POWERPREP structure questions similarly (means with same rule) in the exam? Can you please briefly give, how many did you get? Becase, I am worrying about Structure topic.

Thanks in advance

raheel81
11-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Dori

Hi all,

Could you tell me the structure of TOEFL test, Writing is always the 1st part?

Dori

No....Writing is the last part in TOEFL exam.
Listening is the first section (contains 30 questions)
Stucture is the second one. (contains 20-25 questions)
Third one is Reading Comprehension(contains 4-5 passages 44-55 questions)
Last section is writing (In 30 minutes you have to write on the given topic either type on computer or on paper)

raheel81
11-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ramana2004

Hi raheel81,
You said TOEFL real exam is almost similar to POWERPREP. Did you get any POWERPREP structure questions similarly (means with same rule) in the exam? Can you please briefly give, how many did you get? Becase, I am worrying about Structure topic.

Thanks in advance

In structure my range is 11-28 which is so-so I think. Yeah there were not only-but also, in on at, While starting sentence, parallel structures questions and others are quite easy. Well I think dont need to worry about Structure section. You'll get easily 26 or more in structure.And yeah Barrons is a good book for Structure preparation...if you follow this book you'll gain alot.

forever 21
11-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Hi raheel81! Does the structure and reading comprehension section in the TOEFL POWERPREP CD exactly the same with the real TOEFL? Thanks...

asad100
11-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Raheel,
Where are you living in Pakistan? I live in karachi. I haven't found out a PP cd at different shops. Where did you buy it if you were living in the same city as well?

I tried downloading it in my computer from the official site, but it wasn't working.

Is it possible for you to zip the pp file and send it to me via email?
Think it over.

raheel81
11-12-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by forever 21

Hi raheel81! Does the structure and reading comprehension section in the TOEFL POWERPREP CD exactly the same with the real TOEFL? Thanks...

Yeah....strucutre is easy
concentrate on reading.

raheel81
11-12-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by asad100

Raheel,
Where are you living in Pakistan? I live in karachi. I haven't found out a PP cd at different shops. Where did you buy it if you were living in the same city as well?

I tried downloading it in my computer from the official site, but it wasn't working.

Is it possible for you to zip the pp file and send it to me via email?
Think it over.

I downloaded Powerprep software from the website and it is working fine. can't send you in email because of its size (17MB) :shy:

asad100
11-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Raheel,

Thanks for your co -operation.

sunxcat
11-19-2003, 06:17 AM
hey raheel,
gr8 score !! all the best n congrats !