PDA

View Full Version : msc economics @ lse : which route?

philipe
11-03-2007, 02:16 PM
hi people, i am completing my application for at the lse website and to be honest i still do not know if i should apply for the msn economics 2-yr or for the 1 yr programme. on the website they ask for what programme you are applying, and they give you two options... do you think it is a good idea to put the 1-yr route as the first option and the 2-yr route as a second option? i ask you this because perhaps my chances of being accepting will increase... i mean, i might be accepted for the 2-yr route instead of the 1-yr route... what do you guins think? thanks!

conniekk333
11-04-2007, 04:41 AM
I have a friend who said the 1 year track is for people who are more prepared in math and econ

economicus
11-04-2007, 11:38 AM
if applying early, I would choose both options. There's nothing to loose and you don't pay more for it. If they don't let you into msc 1, they may let you into 2-yr route. As stated on their website, they will consider your 2nd choice only if you are not accepted into your first-choice programme.

rcwlhk
11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
bump - would be interested in knowing more about this as well :)

Nebuchadrezzar
11-04-2007, 06:34 PM
hello
i am applying this year to Msc in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics (Research) and Msc Economics (Research) in LSE. Would I increase my chances if I apply to Msc in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics as my first (RESEARCH) and second choice (WITHOUT RESEARCH)? In other words, does applying to Research track lower my probability of being admitted?

economicus
11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I would stay with your choices. As I remember, there's a limited number of research students they admit...because "research" has a conditional acceptance into MRes. But you have to get a distinction anyway...so I think you do not increase you chances significantly without it. But If you don't intend to progress into MRes at LSE...perhaps you should go without research... but maybe someone else know more about it.