PDA

View Full Version : How are applications coming?

polkaparty
11-12-2007, 08:13 PM
It's about one month before the first applications are due, how are everyone's applications coming?

I've finished filling out pretty much all the routine data for all my applications. Now I just have to get my SOP's together and send out my transcripts and anything else that needs to be mailed.

econphilomath
11-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I have all my stuff together and plan on sending out the packets for each university this week if I'm lucky.
I've been a little stressed out with lots of work since its the end of the semester where I live.
Since all my documents are in spanish, its been a huge hassel to get everything from the university, translated by an authorized institution, stamped by special officials at the foreign ministry, back to the university to legalized everything and not to mention paying for all the paperwork on the way.
Through the whole ordeal, the list of programs I wanted to apply to (15) has suffered some causalities! (down to 10!)

buckykatt
11-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Just finished my re-take of the GRE, so now it's time to start on the applications...

Mr.Keen
11-13-2007, 02:23 AM
I am done with the online information, except for the analytical score of the GRE, which I do not know yet. One of my LORs is already submitted. I have to translate my undergraduate transcripits, while my master's transcripts will have to wait until I finish this semester beacause I am taking real analysis and I want them to see my wonderful A, :hmm:. The SOPs are ready, except for the specific paragraph for a couple of schools. My writing sample is ready. And I think I am short about $200 to cover all fees, so I'll probably end up submitting everything close to mid-December to most schools.

Mr.Keen
11-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Through the whole ordeal, the list of programs I wanted to apply to (15) has suffered some causalities! (down to 10!)

I hope you dropped 5 of my reaches from your list! You are one of the most competitive applicants this year. :)

Ancalagon The Black
11-13-2007, 06:21 AM
I have filled out all the forms online and am in the process of writing the SOP and hounding the professors.

Incidentally, is hounding the professors a good idea?
Also, how are courses in progress seen, especially if they are higher math courses like topology, mathematical modeling, advanced calculus (tougher form of multivariate calculus), real analysis and numerical analysis?

asianeconomist
11-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I have filled out all the forms online and am in the process of writing the SOP and hounding the professors.

Incidentally, is hounding the professors a good idea?
Also, how are courses in progress seen, especially if they are higher math courses like topology, mathematical modeling, advanced calculus (tougher form of multivariate calculus), real analysis and numerical analysis?

Depending on the type of schools you are applying to, these courses might turn out to be very important determinants. In such cases, schools will definitely ask for an updated transcript.