PDA

View Full Version : Masters @ U Toulouse I (Sciences Sociales)

philipe
11-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi Guys! Does anyone know about the Masters program at Toulouse? I am thinking about applying for their program, but I lack information about it. I would be glad if any of you cuold help me. Thank you very much! :)

Olm
11-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Bring lots of cash, they don't fund their students. All Universities in France are public and tuition is dirt cheap, so any kind of financial aid from the university is reserved for only the brightest and most promising students.

If you want more specific information, go to their web site:

Université Toulouse 1 Sciences Sociales - MPSE - Midi Pyrénées Sciences Economiques - Sommaire/Contents (http://www.univ-tlse1.fr/98257912/0/fiche___pagelibre/)

asianecon
11-17-2007, 02:15 AM
They actually get external funds for deserving students. Usually the top 10 guys get what they call Eiffel scholarships (you need to send your applications soon since nominations for this scholarship are submitted around early Jan). And Toulouse isn't a very expensive place. You can get a complete 3 course meal for 3 euros more or less at CROUS (food isn't bad at all). My rent after subsidy was like a hundred euros a month only.

flipecon
11-17-2007, 02:36 AM
hi asian econ. i was wondering, how much does it cost for international students to study at toulouse? to be specific, tuition fees, rent, food expenses? would you know if they offer french courses for non speakers?

asianecon
11-17-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm not sure about tuition fees but it should be less than 1000 euros per year. Rent at CROUS is roughly 260/mo and after the subsidy, around 140/mo. "Cheap food" in Toulouse is cheaper than "cheap food" in the US. You can get a complete meal for less than 5 euros (at CROUS, it's around 3 bucks). My weekly budget was 20/25 euros since I cook (groceries are very cheap).

UT1 offers language courses for the summer. I believe it's for free.

I suggest you look into the Eiffel scholarship. You are still a Filipino citizen right? It's very easy to get since part of the criteria is diversity among scholars. The scholarship gives you around 1200eur/mo (I spend only 1/4 of that and I was still able to go out and enjoy good food), plane tickets and a 1 month language course at Alliance Francaise. Plus you don't have to pay tuition. The catch is, the school needs to nominate and apply for you. You can send me your grades and I'll check if I can give a good word for you. As I said, you need to submit your apps soon (like before end Nov).

flipecon
11-17-2007, 05:08 AM
before end of november? snap. i dont think il make it then. ya, i still have filipino citizenship. thanks. ok. il message u regarding my grades. thanks. il check on that eiffel scholarship.

chani
04-06-2008, 10:44 PM
flipecon are you at Toulouse now?