PDA

View Full Version : could you EVALUATE my PROFILE ?

hchoi02
11-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Hi all, I'm a South Korean planning to apply for Econ ph.D. by the end of next year (for the Fall 2009). It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide me with some information about my chances for admission to various programs.

BA: Wesleyan University, Connecticut (Mathematics - Economics Major)
GPA: 3.92 (overall), 3.9 (major, including such math courses as linear algebra, differential equations, real analysis, etc.)
GRE: 800 (quant), 720 (verbal), 3.5 (analytical)
Research experience : TA for a development course, and I did some co-writing with a professor - hopefully it will be published in some minor journal. I did not write a senior thesis, tho.

I guess that's pretty much it. It is hard to evaluate my chances since I am currently doing a mandatary service for my country (2 years long,) and have minor access to various information. Please help me out. Thanks.

IntEcon80
11-21-2007, 02:50 PM
you have a very good chance. Wesleyan is a great liberal arts college and place students in good econ Phd programs. My best friend from high school went there and studied econ and math just like you did, and he did so well with his applications he got into 2 or 3 schools in the Top 10. Good luck!