PDA

View Full Version : Inputs on a research paper on Impact of the falling dollar

desimba
11-29-2007, 05:25 AM
This had its genesis in the writing sample thing which has had me up for the last few days. Essentially I had written an amateurish paper 2 years back on "Impact of the declining dollar on US & world equity markets" in which I had done little more than do a quick lit search and then synthesized some of those view points concisely in my paper. This time around I am thinking of extending it beyond that. However my quick searches on econpapers.repec.org or on Google scholar today did not result in too many successful hits. Wondering if you guys could give me any pointers on where to look for more information on this. Does anyone know a finance/ econ faculty member who publishes on this topic? Also if I had to do an empirical analysis showing declining home bias (home = US in this context), does anybody have a sense of what data sources to use? Please send me a private message if you feel like.

Thanks for the responses,
SB

constrainedoptimizer
11-29-2007, 06:57 AM
This had its genesis in the writing sample thing which has had me up for the last few days. Essentially I had written an amateurish paper 2 years back on "Impact of the declining dollar on US & world equity markets" in which I had done little more than do a quick lit search and then synthesized some of those view points concisely in my paper. This time around I am thinking of extending it beyond that. However my quick searches on econpapers.repec.org or on Google scholar today did not result in too many successful hits. Wondering if you guys could give me any pointers on where to look for more information on this. Does anyone know a finance/ econ faculty member who publishes on this topic? Also if I had to do an empirical analysis showing declining home bias (home = US in this context), does anybody have a sense of what data sources to use? Please send me a private message if you feel like.

Thanks for the responses,

SB

I use my school library's homepage link to electronic resources from my laptop at home. The link will take me to econlit which gives me access to JSTOR. I've got access to almost all of the baseline journals and I must say it is very convenient. This might be something to utilize the skills of the librarians at your college library for. They are wicked good at what they do, and for the amount of money they're getting paid you should not feel bad to get them to work for you.