PDA

View Full Version : What if I sent my GRE score but they say they did not get one?

trentnin
12-03-2007, 11:34 PM
UPenn is one of the schools I am applying for. I submitted its online application over the last weekend. After submission, their website kindly lets me check if they got my GRE score, transcripts and so on. The thing is that I sent them my GRE score about a month ago, but their webpage says they have not received it. What should I do in this case? Should I send another one?

TruDog
12-03-2007, 11:41 PM
You may want to directly contact the school first and see how long it takes them to receive/process GRE scores.

econphilomath
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
I sent my GRE scores in September and they still haven't shown up on my application at Princeton. Tofel score do show up however....

Is this normal?

Antonio
12-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey!

I have the same problem with Princeton too !

I sent my GRE scores on october and my TOEFL's ones in November....they have the second but not the first...

econphilomath
12-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Yale got my scores and I sent them at the same time to both princeton and yale. I guess they ahven't uploaded the info yet then.

115th dream
12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
UPenn is one of the schools I am applying for. I submitted its online application over the last weekend. After submission, their website kindly lets me check if they got my GRE score, transcripts and so on. The thing is that I sent them my GRE score about a month ago, but their webpage says they have not received it. What should I do in this case? Should I send another one?

Maybe they were sent to the wrong part of Penn. Different schools have different specifications as to whether the scores should be sent to the Graduate School or the Economics Department (although they should eventually end up in the right place, but it would explain the delay). Anyway, thats one possibility...

polkaparty
12-05-2007, 05:55 AM
You can only see what parts of the applications they have received once you have submitted your application, correct? (besides letters, that is)

I intend on waiting until practically the last minute for most applications so I am slightly worried that there could be a problem with them not having a complete application, although I have mailed everything already & requested GRE scores to be sent.

Also, I have heard that they sometimes contact you if they're missing materials. How do they decide whether or not to contact you or to just simply say "this application is incomplete--> trash it" ?

Finally, I have heard that sometimes it's OK if rec. letters come in late, is that true? Is that dept. specific? I'm particularly worried for a few schools that require paper letters which will be mailed probably next Monday & need to arrive by next Saturday.

Any thoughts? I'm really getting nervous now.... One of my biggest fears is that I have a wrong deadline down somewhere (on that's too late that is)

econphilomath
12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Any thoughts? I'm really getting nervous now.... One of my biggest fears is that I have a wrong deadline down somewhere (on that's too late that is)

You should probaly make an effort to finish early so you can clean up any mistakes. I know Berkeley lets you know if something is missing. Not sure about the rest.

Good Luck!

polkaparty
12-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Anyone know roughly about how many days after submission it takes for your status to be posted? That is, if I sent in transcripts etc. ages ago and I submit something today, would I be able to see that those transcripts arrive right after submission? Or a day later? a week?

Thanks for the help, this has got to be one of the most stressful times of this entire school year.

econphilomath
12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Yale is GREAT, they posted everything immediately. These guys are
the most efficient so far. I sent my stuff last week and they have
now everything uploaded and confirmed.:tup: Same with Penn

So at least at Yale it only took a couple of days since I sent my materials (overseas)

Berkeley doesn't have an automatic interface to show what they have
received and what they haven't. They supposedly send an email or
something IF something is missing.:(

Chicago, Princeton still haven't recieved my GRE scores!! What the $%#^@
is going on there! If they are not going to update the info why show it.:mad: