PDA

View Full Version : 300 on October 28, 2003

chadefa1
11-19-2003, 02:30 PM
yahoo, just got my official results and got a 6 in writing, which makes a total of 300 :)

For those still preparing, I had no special preparation, but I constantly read in English (for my studies): journal articles, newspapers...
Ohh and sthg else: I watched Friends (the TV show ) EXTENSIVELY (if not exclusively) . I think it helped me a lot improve my English...

Good luck with your tests!
Thomas

eagle
11-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Congratulations Thomas, you must be feeling great right now! The score is too good!
Im waiting for my official score;)-so can imagine your happiness.Best of luck for the future!

Erin
11-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Great score, but are you sure about the test date?

300 on November 28, 2003

prglen
11-19-2003, 06:48 PM
Hi Thomas

Amazing score , can you pl provide me more exam preparation tips ,
Even I do watch friends, everybody loves raymond daily .
What was your essay .
How was structure section.
What at reading .

I have exam in next week . I am nervous now

Thanks
Prglen

Originally posted by Erin Billy

Great score, but are you sure about the test date?

300 on November 28, 2003

chadefa1
11-19-2003, 10:53 PM
I am afraid there is not much I can comment about. What I can say is that powerprep was EXACTLY the same as the real TOEFL. I got 297 in PP1 and 300 in PP2, and 300 in the real test.

Questions were easy. The pb with the listening section was only to listen carefully and try to remain concentrated during the whole "speech", which can last up to 4-5 min I guess.
The rest is really easy because you have plenty of time. There was one question on which I hesitated for at least 10 min. It was on the text comprehension thing, and I was not sure about the meaning of the work "offset". Due to confidentiality clauses, I guess I cannot say more, but that is really the only question on which I had a doubt.

Otherwise, I used only Poweprep. I guess there is no mystery. Read newspapers, talk in English and even more important, watch english TV or soaps

Good luck!
Thom