PDA

View Full Version : How is this GRE score(800Q+390V+3.5)?

econphd23
12-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Is it seriously weak for me to apply for a MA ?

What is your opinion!!!

Thanks!!

econyun
12-08-2007, 07:16 AM
bet
Is it seriously weak for me to apply for a MA ?

What is your opinion!!!

Thanks!!
better than mine...................

econphd23
12-08-2007, 07:28 AM
I am just afraid that my V and AW is too low to apply for some programs, some just require 5 of AW and 500 of V....
Does it mean that I have no choice to get admitted by these programs?
I am really worried about it!!

econyun
12-08-2007, 07:42 AM
I am just afraid that my V and AW is too low to apply for some programs, some just require 5 of AW and 500 of V....
Does it mean that I have no choice to get admitted by these programs?
I am really worried about it!!

Dont cry over if you are not allowed to go to female washroom if you are a male. You can go to the place without such restriction....

There are tons of places without imposing such restriction on AW and V...

asianeconomist
12-08-2007, 01:19 PM
You have every right to worry, but in reality, what other options do you have. I do not think that it would be wise to risk the 800Q by taking the GRE again. Rather, you have two options:

1. If you are required to take the TOEFL, ace that. This would partially ameliorate.

2. Send a writing sample (an individual term paper/research paper) to indicate your English communication abilities (which I hope is really not as bad as the scores suggest).

econphd23
12-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Dont cry over if you are not allowed to go to female washroom if you are a male. You can go to the place without such restriction....

There are tons of places without imposing such restriction on AW and V...
Thank you, econyun! I will try to seek for some other programs which is less restrict....
But I do feel so pity that I can not apply for some favorite programs.

econphd23
12-08-2007, 05:22 PM
You have every right to worry, but in reality, what other options do you have. I do not think that it would be wise to risk the 800Q by taking the GRE again. Rather, you have two options:

1. If you are required to take the TOEFL, ace that. This would partially ameliorate.

2. Send a writing sample (an individual term paper/research paper) to indicate your English communication abilities (which I hope is really not as bad as the scores suggest).

Yes, that is a good advise!! Thank you, asianeconomist!
I will try to do a good job on TOEFL, however, it is still not easy,,,especially for the session of speaking, it sucks ...

macroeconomicus
12-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I suppose that the universities that will be considering you for TAship might be disappointed with those scores.

econphd23
12-09-2007, 04:48 AM
I spent nearly 3 months to prepare for the Verbal, but it is only 390, while I spent about 3 days to prepare for Q, and it is 800. It is kind of unfair,,, The score of V really disppoints me.

pevdoki1
12-09-2007, 06:05 AM
I spent 0 days preparing for the verbal but got 500s-600s on all the practice tests...

On the real thing I got 470V/800Q.

I'm disappointed with 470, but no ****ing way I'm taking this thing again to boost the verbal. I'm not a native speaker, and I think my transcript, LORs, and TA experience will be good enough for the adcoms to not disqualify me because of a lowish verbal score.