PDA

View Full Version : 200-260: Increased 10 percentile

ccube
11-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Hi guys,

First of all, I have to thank Erin, true, I haven't posted much, but I have read much from this site.

I finished my TOEFL today. It is quite very suprising, I didn't know whether I can take the Exam until last moment!

My name was not on the candidate list. It is the Exam authority's error. I feel worried, but I tell myself to calm down. Fortunately, they added my name to the list and I can continue my exam.

Listening, as many TMians here stated, are easier than the one we practised. However, the last few narrators became difficult suddenly and I can't get used to it. My advise is: calm down bud.

REading, I got 55 questions, nothing special. time is enough, I have checked them over once more.

Structure: Damn! I worried about the time, and I have done some questions in a rush. My advise is, practise your pace enough and DON'T worry.

Writing: it is #142:
A gift (such as a camera, a soccer ball, or an animal) can contribute to a child’s development. What gift would you give to help a child develop? Why? Use reasons and specific examples to support your choice.
I haven't done it before, but I have thought of some idea. I suggested dictionary. becasue it can help them improve their lang and quoted some experience of mine that I used it to challege my chinese teacher. besides, I have noticed the auxillary pages, that one can learn one's culture. I have learnt the the Animals of the year, the cities of China, the dynasties of China.

My result?
Listening: 24
Structure: 20-27
Reading: 27
total: 200-260
[banana][dance][w00t]:D:)

I got 550 in my PBT 4 years ago.

I know I have improved a lot from this site.

I only have a month of time to study for TOEFL (cuz I've studied for my GRE before), I'm sure if I stick to this site, my grammar can improved more.

I know my English is not good enough to give comments and help some guys here. But I will keep visit this site. and I hope I can contribute more to this great site.

Thanks for you guys' help, and once again, Thanks Erin.

An Min
11-25-2003, 09:43 PM
congratulations, ccube.

salman
11-28-2003, 09:29 PM
very good expected score. I am worried about GRAMMAR because I have taken test on 17Nov but could not get required score due to grammar weakness. I have got just 6-12 in grammar. Please, help me where should I look for grammar practice and learning.

ccube
11-28-2003, 10:51 PM
All ppl said Barron's quite good. It's true. It's grammar rules are very detail. However, it takes you long time to go over each one. (More than one hundred rules)

I suggest you to try other book which have "compressed" ones for you to have a overview of different important points.

Of coures, you have to check the TOEFL - Grammar section of this website. Rules like subordinate conjunction, Banana rule can help you.

After you understand the basic, go practise! practise as much as you can and understand them.

This forum has lots of practice, and ppl are willing to help ya. You can also download other practise at downdowndown.com.

MOre, you can join other website's online practise.

You will improve your grammar if you put efforts on it. Of course, you have to do quicker and quicker.

rupamagar
11-29-2003, 12:18 PM
hi, I gave my TOEFL on 27 th nov/03.
i was maybe overconfident. I started studying for TOEFL 2 days before. and my score is 210 - 263. :yuck: then I went thru the minimun requirements list. that was 213. so I felt better abt my score.
for the last preparation. I just read barrons. and soved cd.- ETS.
ofcourse I went thru this site. I am very thankful to erin and this site cause it has been helpful.
mu GRE is on 1st dec. I am freaking out.
i hope I do well.
thanks a lot
rupa

od_diana
01-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi!
I'm from Moldova. I'm new in this chat. I learn english and I want to take the TOEFL test. I hope to take some experience from this chat. Sorry for mistakes.:o