PDA

View Full Version : Gali book

fp3690
01-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Has anyone seen this CREI - Jordi Galí (http://www.crei.cat/people/gali/monograph.html?)

Jordi Gali is publishing a book on New Keynesian monetary policy, and it's still in an editing phase, so it's available online.

iugi85
01-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes! I studied from that book last year, in the course of Monetary Policy. It's extremely well done and some exercises are really challenging.

jenizaro
01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks fp3609!!

econphilomath
01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
He was at our CB in August and taught a short course with most of those slides. I had seen most of the material before but he really explained things very clearly and I found I didn't know as much as I thought!

Gali is also very nice and took time out to talk with even the most junior economist and discuss their research ideas. So those of you who go to UPF are really lucky to have such a good prof. :tup: I will obviously be buying his book and I'm sure it will be a hit because is has the basics and leads one smoothly through the material while including some of the difficult results in the appendixes.

martialgeek
10-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know where to get the solutions?

kipfilet
10-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Most of the exercises are recycled from MIT problem sets, so you can find some of the solutions at the MIT open courseware (or whatever it is called) website.