PDA

View Full Version : Duke rejected

okcash
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey there,

I've received an e-mail telling me to check submission letter at the online application website of Duke. Aaaaaand the winner is.... somebody else.
:)

Let's see next game.

Olm
02-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Post your results at the grad cafe, and if you check out my thread on Duke being the standard backup, you'll see that quite a few of us got shot down by Duke already.

the_asker
02-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Please post on "The Decisions Thread" as well.

bscout
02-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Post also on the New York Times if the three threads are not enough...

blistering barnacles
02-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Post your results at the grad cafe, and if you check out my thread on Duke being the standard backup, you'll see that quite a few of us got shot down by Duke already.

You know Olm your profile is a bit like my own. low undergrad gpa, hoping to make up with solid performance in master's.. but tatonnement already struck a nail in my hopes: bad undergrad performance sticks to you like a leech, wherever you go. Duke is one of my favorites becos of their strength in micro, finance and econometrics and the fact that you got cut there so early really gives me the real big creeps. Oh God! is there no second chance in life?

keep us updated. Big good luck for the others!

okcash
02-02-2008, 08:34 PM
I asked the professor I know in Duke why this is happened and he replied that Duke received its highest application number this year and the GREs were really competitive.

Mr.Keen
02-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I asked the professor I know in Duke why this is happened and he replied that Duke received its highest application number this year and the GREs were really competitive.

That almost sounds like a standard rejection letter.

maya.arco
02-02-2008, 09:00 PM
for how long will they only send rejections letters btw? i am scared to check my inbox and every time i see i got an email, i almost get a heartattack, bc i think it is DUKE->rejection!luckily it is sunday tomorrow! heh:D

Olm
02-02-2008, 11:43 PM

Looks like they cut off everyone below 800 if this is true. From what I've gathered on their web site and in general discussions about who gets admitted to the school, they put a lot of stock in GRE Quant scores. Some people study for the test over the course of an entire year... maybe I should have been one of those people ;)