PDA

View Full Version : Interview at Kellogg

econdreamer
02-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Hi everyone,

One exciting e-mail flew to me this morning and it says i have been selected for interview at kellogg's MECS program, which is one of my top choices. The e-mail didn't give more details on the interview, it just mentioned that the interview will be 10-15 mins long and it is an opportunity for me to ask question about their program.

Congratulations to anyone who got this invitation and hope anyone who has information about MECS interview would kindly share the following:

1) Is the interview competitive (based on previous years experience)? ( eg, is it true that 10 people are interviewed and only, say, 3 people are admitted?)

2) what are some common questions asked? Do I need to mention names of their current faculties whose research matches with me?

3) any further comments or advices?

I learnt a lot from this forum and thank you in advance for all your help!

Good luck to all applicants this year!

Sincerely,
Econdreamer

polkaparty
02-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Grats!!!!!

guan
02-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Is this a phone interview or are you flying to Evanston?

asianecon
02-05-2008, 03:01 AM
wow 10-15min interview? That's quick. For HBS it's like 3x30mins, 1 on 1. Scary

Anyway good luck!

fp3690
02-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Congrats! I think you're in. Sorry, no advice to offer, but there was a similar thread about Harvard Biz Econ, which should be similar. http://www.urch.com/forums/phd-economics/84211-harvard-biz-econ-interview.html

By the way, a general question, do all business schools have interviews?

zsla
02-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Is the interview competitive (based on previous years experience)? ( eg, is it true that 10 people are interviewed and only, say, 3 people are admitted?)

It is competitive really, but I don't think that admission rate is that low. They could basically accept everyone that they interview, and I am sure that some people would choose to go other places. So, don't worry.

econdreamer
02-05-2008, 04:04 AM
yes, it is telephone interview.

Ah, it is really competitive? Wow, that is not a good news at all! I think one popular question is to ask about your research experience, but that is one of my weakest point. I only have industry experience of playing with spreadsheets!

zjhtqf
02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
I didn't receive the email for interview, there's no hope now.

Mr.Keen
02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Do they send them out to all areas (MEDS, Finance, etc.) or do they have different schedules? I wonder. I they do them all at once then there is no hope for me either.

nazzaz99
02-05-2008, 08:37 PM
God, I really hope it differs from program to program or I am also out:(
Congrats to those that were called for the interview btw!

Dr.moonlight
02-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Surprised to see someone get invited to the interview this early!
I had also applied to the same program in Kellogg, and haven't been invited to this interview. Is there any chance there will be the 2nd round? (how was it like last year??)

Not much hope, i guess. Just wish I would have better luck for the rest of the schools. Good luck to you all.