PDA

View Full Version : Please evaluate my profile

pdesmmhh
02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I am currently an undergrad (Junior) at a top 30 U.S. University. I am triple majoring in Econ, Math and Stat. I am enrolled in the University's honors program and I currently have a 3.8 GPA. (3.95 Econ), (3,75 Math, got a B- in Dif Eqs 1). By the time I graduate, I will have had 3 courses in Analysis (through Lebesgue Measure), Measure Theoretic Probability, PDEs (2 courses), graduate Micro I, Macro I and Regression. Also the normal stuff that goes along with those majors. Is this adequate enough to get into the top schools in Econ? Any suggestions on which schools to consider (I could get into) would also be helpful. I am also working with two seperate Econ profs on research right now, one is a pretty big deal, the other is new. Also, I take the GRE later this Spring. Also was in the miltary if that is worth anything.

Thanks in Advance

08Applicant
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
That's enough to get in. Do something creative and noteworthy as research. Then a solid GRE score and great LORs are all you need to be very competitive at top schools.

Note: More competitive than me I might add.

C152dude
02-06-2008, 12:13 AM
If you do not get into a top program, I look forward to the end of Mayan calendar.

anna09
02-06-2008, 02:16 AM
If you do not get into a top program, I look forward to the end of Mayan calendar.

LOL I was trying to come up with something witty of my own, but I knew I couldn't top this.

In all seriousness, you're well on your way to the top. Listing your research interests may help people to suggest schools that would best fit you. I just hope you don't apply anywhere I do... ;)

Olm
02-06-2008, 03:21 AM

this ^^

Another Jesus Christ profile. I wonder how many of those I am competing against. I am getting closer and closer to hacking my undergraduate grades. :doh:

pdesmmhh
02-06-2008, 03:21 AM
LOL I was trying to come up with something witty of my own, but I knew I couldn't top this.

In all seriousness, you're well on your way to the top. Listing your research interests may help people to suggest schools that would best fit you. I just hope you don't apply anywhere I do... ;)

I would say my research interests are Macro, Econometrics and Financial Econ. Perhaps Political Econ with the proper "encouragement."

C152dude
02-06-2008, 03:51 AM
this ^^

Another Jesus Christ profile. I wonder how many of those I am competing against. I am getting closer and closer to hacking my undergraduate grades. :doh:

Don't, this person clearly does not know where he/she is in the space-time continuum. No offense.