PDA

View Full Version : Missing LoR

bertthepuppy
02-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Vanderbilt's grad assistant just e-mailed me saying that they are missing one of my LoRs. This happened with me at Ohio State as well, but I have been accepted to Ohio State. Do you think I should just pull my Vanderbilt application, or have my prof re-send it?

asquare
02-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Would you go to Vanderbilt over OSU? If not, then withdraw your Vanderbilt application.

Are you positive that your LOR was sent to other schools? If not, you might want to check with those schools and follow up with your professor.

Fermat
02-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Vanderbilt's grad assistant just e-mailed me saying that they are missing one of my LoRs. This happened with me at Ohio State as well, but I have been accepted to Ohio State. Do you think I should just pull my Vanderbilt application, or have my prof re-send it?

Was it online or hard copy? If online, they may have it somewhere and just can't find it. I had a school email me saying they couldn't find an online letter and it was latter found. I would still try to resend if you have interest; you payed the fee, might as well see what happens.

bertthepuppy
02-08-2008, 07:26 PM
It's online. It was a stubborn applicant. I reminded him a few times that he was missing two aps OSU and Vanderbilt, and he kept saying, "No. I have those checked off that they're done." He's a great recommender because he knows people so the OSU ended up being a positive (he knew the grad director who e-mailed me, so they had a conversation when sending my letter). I would go to OSU over Vandy, but I have no word on funding yet. Send it? Not send it? Hopefully I'll get in somewhere better than both of them and not have to worry about either?

doubtful
02-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I had the same problem at Rochester... fortunately that was my 4th letter.. so after 5 remainders I sent them an email telling not to consider that letter.

the funny thing is that the professor sent the letter on time to all the other schools but rochester... I guess he does not like the people or the place there.. eheheh

bertthepuppy
02-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure this professor (I RA/TA for him currently) is pretty absent minded sometimes, and overly confident. I feel like that's a bad mix.