PDA

View Full Version : And the CalTech calls...

Mirk83
02-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Hi everybody!
I've been lurking here a few days, anxious for the results... But finally the first one has arrived!
Caltech e-mails for the accepted guys are coming!

:tup:

Olm
02-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the forums, and congratulations! Keep us posted.

zjhtqf
02-09-2008, 08:47 AM
What did they say, did they call everyone accepted?

Mirk83
02-09-2008, 11:20 AM
No, just a quick informal e-mail and a mail to come. I have no idea about the other admits, but I guess the ones that have not been notified yet will soon hear news...

Buona fortuna a tutti!

Hypercube
02-09-2008, 05:11 PM
I applied to Caltech but did not receive the email. :(

themanagement
02-10-2008, 06:45 AM
In addition to a previous e-mail, The Management had a productive phone conversation today with a faculty member at Caltech. Thought the board may like to know.

srinivasa
02-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Themanagement, what was the phone call about?

the_asker
02-10-2008, 10:07 AM
I would like to inform The Management that I find the third person thing somewhat annoying and incredibly geeky, more suitable to a Star Wars discussion forum. I suspect I am not alone in this.

Of course, congratulations are due The Management for his admission into Caltech.

But that still doesn't justify referring to yourself in the third person.

08Applicant
02-10-2008, 10:11 AM
I would like to inform The Management that I find the third person thing somewhat annoying and incredibly geeky, more suitable to a Star Wars discussion forum. I suspect I am not alone in this.

Of course, congratulations are due The Management for his admission into Caltech.

But that still doesn't justify referring to yourself in the third person.

I second this. And I can promise The Management that if we wind up at the same school, I will punch you in the stomach if this behavior continues. It's simply intolerable.

Valhalla
02-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I second this. And I can promise The Management that if we wind up at the same school, I will punch you in the stomach if this behavior continues. It's simply intolerable.

Me too!!!!!! I also never liked this Yoda - kind of behaviour

mysherona
02-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Me too!!!!!! I also never liked this Yoda - kind of behaviour

Me four.

econphilomath
02-10-2008, 02:22 PM

LOL I fifth this...

It is funny\creepy when he says "the manegment got in at XXX and YYY....and the manegment is very excited about that,...we are not sure what the manegment will do next". :D

asianeconomist
02-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Probably the writer and the applicant are different persons. Probably The Management has just "hired" someone to do his writing for him.

kinesis
02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Ooo, this reminds me! I could be reading some RAW instead of obsessing with PhD admissions...

...on second thought, obsessing is fun!

Maybe I can do both.