PDA

View Full Version : external factors affecting pharmacists

elv1990
02-12-2008, 08:44 AM
hi, just have a few questions for an assignment and its about how external factors affect pharmacists and their businesses.
so if you have any idea or information about how the ageing population, technological changes, competitor influences or anything else that affects the pharmacy business your help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

abgee76
04-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I think with so many technological advances,pharmacist must be well adept to this to cope up with the competitive world. Now a days, with the advent of internet, there is an increasing customers availing of on-line pharmacy due to its convenience and also a cheaper price. In addition to these, with the population being more of the older generation, hence the need for a pharmacist to have more available drugs and devices to cater the needs of the elders.

cache01
12-08-2008, 03:49 AM
He is right, it is very competitive world, my pharmacist told me receltly his sales gone down by more than 50% because people can get the drugs much cheaper online, espically with the crises today people are trying to save money when every they can. I started my pharmacist studies a few years back and decides to drop out and go into the dental field instead, lots more work here where i am for this type of work compared to pharmacists.