PDA

View Full Version : How can I verify the status of my application decisions?

AstralTraveller
02-13-2008, 05:00 AM
This question might seem stupid, but since I haven't received any notice, I'm kinda worried.

What is the standard procedure for knowing about one's application? I know that each school probably will do it their own way, but I was wondering...

Should I look each time the applyyourself or applyembark (or whatever application system is used by the school) interface site? Or will they tell me via e-mail?

Are there any institutions that won't tell you about their decision unless it's via regular snail mail? In that case, what if the letter gets lost in the mail? (in my country happens a lot)

Thanks in advance for your help!

polkaparty
02-13-2008, 05:04 AM
This question might seem stupid, but since I haven't received any notice, I'm kinda worried.

Calm down, most of us haven't heard from all or almost all of our places. Most schools will notify the last week of Feb and the first week of March.

We have only seen the very first early admits so far. Just sit back and try to relax....

Andronicus
02-13-2008, 05:11 AM
I believe Northwestern posts all decisions on apply-yourself, and then send admission letters to those who got in. They do not send rejection letters.

Texas and Ohio State sent links to check status with the email confirming application submission. The other schools I applied to I guess will just email.

econorama
02-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by Andronicus:
Texas and Northwestern sent links to check status with the email confirming application submission. The other schools I applied to I guess will just email.Wait... what? You got a link to check status information at Texas? I got the potential university fellowship funding email that (I'm assuming) you got on January 29th, but was also told that I wouldn't get a formal letter of acceptance for another month or so. And unless I'm looking in the wrong place, there's nothing on their website to indicate that I've officially been accepted. Which didn't worry me at all until now.

pevdoki1
02-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Well, there is this webpage: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/admissions/status_check.WBX ...

I don't know if it show admission decisions for admitted people; it doesn't give any decision for me, just says that all documents have been received.

econorama
02-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by pevdoki1:
Well, there is this webpage: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/admissions/status_check.WBX Oops, I totally forgot about that site. That's the one they emailed me about when I first applied. Based on Andronicus's post, I thought the department had emailed him a link when they accepted him.

Of course, now that site won't let me log in, and tells me to try again later. So I won't be able to see what it says until I wake up later today.

AstralTraveller
02-13-2008, 10:53 AM
So, can I assume no department will send out notices via snail mail only? All of them should at least e-mail me, right?

:(

Andronicus
02-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Oops, I totally forgot about that site. That's the one they emailed me about when I first applied. Based on Andronicus's post, I thought the department had emailed him a link when they accepted him.

Of course, now that site won't let me log in, and tells me to try again later. So I won't be able to see what it says until I wake up later today.

The last time I checked that site, it didn't say I'd been officially admitted either. The email I got from UT-Austin said they would send official admission letters when they finish reviewing all applications, which I suppose they have not yet.