PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota

ALam
02-14-2008, 08:45 PM
It seems very silent with admission news so far this week.
If not notified by this week from Minnesota, does that mean that we got rejected and will be notified in March? ( Because I saw this on their website that successful candidates will get decision in Mid Feb and rej will be sent out in Mid March)

Mr.Keen
02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
I've been thinking about that. Last year there was at least one admit in early March that I know of, so I'm not sure what to expect. BTW, there is an admit on gradcafe. Don't know if it's bogus.

ALam
02-14-2008, 09:03 PM
I've been thinking about that. Last year there was at least one admit in early March that I know of, so I'm not sure what to expect. BTW, there is an admit on gradcafe. Don't know if it's bogus.

well.. but the thing is.. minn sends out like 50 offers every year, so far we did not hear about a big wave of acceptances.. what are they doing. ..sigh

Mr.Keen
02-14-2008, 09:05 PM
We already saw some early admits (those nominated for university fellowships). Last year there were about 12 of them. I dunno this year. I guess within the next few days we'll see that wave of acceptances/wait list you mention. Don't despair, news are coming our way (not sure if good, though). My opinion is that no news from Minnesota within the next week means bad news, in general.

Thesus
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Judging by this forum, Minnesota is the most popular spot in the universe!

I'm staring at that second gradcafe admit, wondering the precise hour when the phone call was recieved, trying to remember if Minnesota is on Eastern or Central time...because if it's the latter, maybe I could get a call today still...

But really, if there were two offers today, don't the floodgates have to open soon? I need to hear something from someone.

TruDog
02-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Minnesota is on Central time. It's 3:23 PM here now.

Mr.Keen
02-14-2008, 09:25 PM
I kinda' get the feeling those Minnesota posts are fake.