PDA

View Full Version : Poll Question

Equilibrium
02-14-2008, 10:28 PM
just using this feature, going to hopefully learn a bit about the types of schools that are more/less represented by the applicants using the forum

Equilibrium
02-14-2008, 11:57 PM
8 responses out of 44 views(as i see it)

hopefully not an accurate portrayal of the lurker/registered user ratio

Olm
02-15-2008, 12:24 AM
The user profile threads could be used to get this kind of information.

Nymaj
02-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Kinda narrow list of schools

Ecocentric
02-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Umm..Im trying to make sense of the poll here.. no offence, I keep coming back to the poll all the time to check the status/percentages..

The behaviour of applicants are so varied, some people apply to only the top 20, others have a mix of schools in different tiers etc etc.. Despite the poll having a decent mix of schools in different tiers. Im not sure if everyone here can cnotribute to the poll... ?

Wouldnt it make sense to list out the top 60 schools in a poll so that we get a more elaboate picture? This way we may increase the no. of people participating..

Oh well, i probably am thinking too much , coz I dont see a purpose in the poll apart from looking at the percentages and wondering "ooooh ok.. there are tons of TMers who are applying to MIT" which most of us already know..and other similar thoughts...

Prolly I am going mad coz of all the waiting.. :(

polkaparty
02-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Wouldnt it make sense to list out the top 60 schools in a poll so that we get a more elaboate picture?

There is a maximum the number of options set by the forum.

C152dude
02-15-2008, 06:44 AM
I do not know about the OP was intending, but separating schools into groups of 5 might be more revealing.

equilibrium - stop making these threads. You can be watching Coupling.

dr_Shpak
02-15-2008, 09:20 AM
the list is too small, but it is a really good idea. I was interested what school is the most popular this year :)

Equilibrium
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
You're right

groups of 5 would be more revealing if we just went down the list and then looked at everything overall

there is a max of 10 so i just threw out a few from each "tier"

parsing through pages of profiles does nothing to compile results that a poll can't generate automatically with much less effort and letting people remain anonymous, if a thread isn't "worth" doing, no one makes you read it

dr_Shpak
02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
only 10 ? :crazy:
may be it is better than to make polls by tiers ? could you do it ? Because i really don't know how this forum works , I even was not lucky enough to put a Sig into my posts :):blush: